The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Relph
It is my sad task to announce that Peter Relph sadly passed away yesterday, 12th October. Peter was a former editor of the Grey Mag and also of the PWA7C magazine. A long standing and staunch supporter of the Association, member of Pre War and the VSCC, he was a lover of all vintage machinery especially Austin Sevens. He will be sadly missed by many people. RIP Peter.

Chris Garner
Chairman - A7CA.
Sad news indeed, my condolences to his family.
Terrible news.......... super bloke............. RIP Peter............................
MHT
Peter was a real friend and we will miss him enormously
His signature is one of a dozen inside the cover of my 1970A A7CA magazine.
Without Peters true never ending enthusiasm and support its would have been even more difficult for us to get the Association under way.
Sad news. He was a founder member of the Association, representing the Sports Register. Here he is with his Nippy at the April 1969 VSCC meeting at Silverstone:

He was working on an obscure French cyclecar - a Carteret - and was looking forward to its imminent completion ...
Lovely chap. Always cheery, even when his single seater was trying to grind him down.
Sorely missed

Charles
So sorry. I’ve known Peter more years than I care to remember. In fact if it hadn’t been for him I’d never have continued with Austin 7s. Never have joined the VSCC. Thanks, mate, sleep well.
Alan Fairless
What sad news. Peter came on last years Eurotour driving solo in his beautiful Nippy to Austria and was great company, joining in the evenings entertainment. What a character! The sight of Peter yodelling in his lederhosen is a memory that will remain with us for a long time. RIP old chap.

Chris please post funeral details if you are able
Same as you David. Met Peter for the first time on the Eurotour and really hit it off. Bloody good fun, yodling and dancing around. Will always remember him as JOE his psudenym in Austria.
Will be sadly missed by many many people.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Peter organised the Northern Filter Point and scrutineering halt at Little Stretton for the VSCC Welsh Trial. That's today. Imagine our shock when Malcolm and I pulled in there just after 9am this morning only to be told that someone we had both known for more years than we care to remember had died the previous evening. His daughter had brought all the paperwork to the pub this morning on the basis of 'he'd have wanted it to still happen' . He would and it was fitting tribute.

RIP Peter.

Steve