The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hood bows for '36 A7 Tourer
Where does the hood bow pivot ?

Like this Tony. The hoods on Australian cars are very different... the home market 4 seat tourer has two pivot points on each side, with the rear most bow leaning back a little  and being raised purely by the webbing and fabric, the middle one pulls up vertical and the front one leans forward at quite an angle. 

The one pictured is Australian... the pivot is external, but I would not like to say if it was the same for Peter's originally

Someone will surely have some decent photos to post?
Good photo Nick and is the most common type here. It has wooden bows inserted into tapered tubular sockets, with an external mounting.
Mine as shown in the previous photo was internal and a pivot bracket mounted above the body. All steel bows except for the decorative wood seen behind the rear curtain and  added by me
Two pivot types on mine...

.jpg   20210320_090013.jpg (Size: 127.04 KB / Downloads: 97)

.jpg   20210320_085920.jpg (Size: 132.71 KB / Downloads: 97)
I think you have answered Peters question- the picture from Russell looks to show the rear hood bow pivoted neatly inside the body. This would be mounted on a pivot in the rear hole shown in the first picture.

The sidescreens could as you suggest have been fitted with the strip steel with a forked ending type of attachment which fitted over a winged bolt in the front hole (I seem to remember my father's Morris 8 40 tourer had this type of sidescreen mounting) rather than the pin mounting.
I would like to thank everyone who has answered my query regarding hood bows. If anyone still has useful information I would be very glad of it. I think I'm much closer to getting it right now I have already knocked up one lot of trial bows but not really happy with the outcome so I'll make some further adjustments and see how it looks. Russel's picture of the 1935 Ruby tourer looks to be very close to the shape of my car. And thank you Nick for posting my photos; I'll get onto the site again and find out how to do it for myself. Cheers, Peter.
I won't argue with you Tony... I have no idea what the Australian equivalent is like and I wouldn't like to guess. I do know mine is nothing like Peter's... Squeak pointed out that the pivot for his internal frame was mounted on top, not inside though! 

The hoop over the driver is the hard one to get right, and you probably need an existing car to copy for that...