The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Images Rotating... (Possibly Fixed?)
A lot of users are finding their images are being rotated on upload to the forum.
The problem exists for images created on devices which apply 'exif orientation' data. There is a 'workaround' for PC users, and I have tried to use this to fix some of the images that have been flagged. This involves opening the image in paint, and clicking 'save as', effectively creating a clean file with none of the exif data, and seems to have worked for the images I have done.

This workaround is clearly not ideal, and the implementation of a built in solution is in the pipeline.
(Management tried it last week but it was removed as part of the troubleshooting of the other upload issue, now fixed)

In the meantime PC users can try the workaround, and I will continue to rotate those images that are 'flagged'.
Huge thank you to management, for the hard work. 
The plugin has now been reintroduced, testing some images posted by others in the image test thread that rotated before....

Looks good so far. 
Would be very appreciative if ipad/iphone or other users who have experienced rotations before could give it a go now and report back?