The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nec classic car show
Do we know what cars will be on the pwa7c club stand this year? Will JH 5024 be making an appearance as the classic car loan scheme car? Also all the best to Chris garner our chairman for the last few years as seen in the magazine that he is standing down, I wish him all the best, and could we get some cheeper tickets to the show at the nec? Thanks
Jo,
We haven't quite finalised the cars but yes, JH 5024 the classic car loan RP saloon will be on the stand, as well as one of Stuart Ulph's Cambridge racers. My oily rag '28 saloon will also be there mouldering on the stand. I'm afraid we do not access to cheap tickets other than those you can pre-order directly through the organiser's website.
Thank you for your kind wishes and we hope to see you and many other Seven owners and enthusiasts on our stand throughout the three days.
Chris
Thanks for the reply chris looking foward to attending the show at some point and be lovely to see Dave's box saloon again in the flesh we sure do have a special car for the loan scheme, once again thanks for being a great chairman have always enjoyed reading your articles in the magazine, and also the midshires group have had a great 2018 so here's to 2019 and beyond. Look foward to catching up with yourself

Hasn't the club got a discount code for tickets? As at 26.50 each seems an expensive trip the robbing nec strikes again
(07-10-2018, 11:53 AM)J Faulkner Wrote:
Hasn't the club got a discount code for tickets? As at 26.50 each seems an expensive trip the robbing nec strikes again
Hi joe,

The high prices seem to come up every year, by the time you add car parking. Its a lot of money.

Although if your car is on a club stand you will get a free ticket, or I'm sure if you are a  committee member tickets would also be provided.

One of many reasons I only pay into one club nowadays.

This is just a suggestion as I'm not 100% sure how the nec works. And have never looked into it.

But they are set up as club stands. And the midshires CLUB, is a club.

Why not ditch being represented by the PWA7C, and apply to the nec as the midshires club. If they accept you as a club, then you should get enough free tickets in the cost of the stand to get all your members in if not free, then at a largely discounted price.

Isn't this what the Birmingham midland club do? As they are not a part of the association.

Clubs need to change to keep up with the times.

Tony.
Tony,

The Midshires " Club " as you describe them is a Group within the PWA7C. The Midlands Austin Seven Club is a recognised Club within the Association.
It is true that anyone exhibiting their car qualifies for a complimentary ticket, for both admission and parking. There are also further complimentary tickets which are made available to those PWA7C members able and willing to assist with both the set up and manning of the stand during the four days. Being a Committee member of Pre War does not automatically qualify you to one of these passes. The number of passes issued by the organisers is limited and thus those willing to work on the stand can qualify. 
Like any event, a lot of time, energy and thought goes into the preparation of the stand beforehand and of course this costs money, which Pre War is fortunate to afford. 
We have no control over the purchase cost of tickets by our members unfortunately and I agree a day's attendance can be expensive.

Pre War's attitude to exhibiting is not just to showcase its Club but to showcase Austin Sevens in generally and keep the marque high profile. I am sure the Midlands A7C has the same attitude when it gains an entry.

Trust the above helps you to understand the basics of the Show.

Tony,

The Midshires " Club " as you describe them is a Group within the PWA7C. The Midlands Austin Seven Club is a recognised Club within the Association.
It is true that anyone exhibiting their car qualifies for a complimentary ticket, for both admission and parking. There are also further complimentary tickets which are made available to those PWA7C members able and willing to assist with both the set up and manning of the stand during the four days. Being a Committee member of Pre War does not automatically qualify you to one of these passes. The number of passes issued by the organisers is limited and thus those willing to work on the stand can qualify. 
Like any event, a lot of time, energy and thought goes into the preparation of the stand beforehand and of course this costs money, which Pre War is fortunate to afford. 
We have no control over the purchase cost of tickets by our members unfortunately and I agree a day's attendance can be expensive.

Pre War's attitude to exhibiting is not just to showcase its Club but to showcase Austin Sevens in generally and keep the marque high profile. I am sure the Midlands A7C has the same attitude when it gains an entry.

(08-10-2018, 08:17 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: Tony,

Tony,

The Midlands Austin 7 Club will be exhibiting in Hall 8 Stand 140. Displaying a range of Austin 7's Like other clubs we encourage our members to attend the show. There is a waiting list of clubs wanting to joint the show. The clubs receive their stands without payment, but have to agree to carry the show advert in their magazine/newsletter. There are a number of limited tickets available, dependent on the number of vehicles you display, which is dependent on the size of stand you are given. They also give car park passes. Car parking is £12 this year.
However the nearest railway station; Hampton in Arden and Marston Green have carparks and the return fare is £2.40. If you live in the Centro area your OAP bus pass covers the trains in the Centro area.
Like other clubs we offer the passes to those members who are willing to display their cars and to help on the stand.
Discounted tickets are available by quoting the discount number which features in the advert carried in the club Magazine/Newsletter.
At £26.50 I think it will be a big turn off for most hardworking class people with family's. I remember going years ago and doubt we paid all that to gain entry, seems to be the NEC way licence to print money that place having used to run a stall at crufts iv seen it all, worth asking if anyone had a discount code as online form does have a space to put one in to save a few quid, if not all the best with the show
My son and grandson were going to go on the Saturday and take me along too as I don't drive anymore. We thought the price was a bit steep but reasoned it was for a day out so ok. What changed our minds about going was what we considered very high car parking charges at another £20.00 on top of entry ticket price. I realise that these charges are nothing to do with the exhibitors or car clubs and is down to the NEC.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Joe,
As a PWA7C member you will note from the advert. in our magazine that when ordering tickets for the show if you quote  CSCM518  you will receive a £5.50 discount. 
For a family ticket, by quoting  CFCM518  one is eligible for a £12.00 discount
I'm sure anyone can use this code.
Thanks Chris not seen the magazine yet so will give it a go thanks for the info I just don't like how the NEC seem to operate with regard show ticket prices and parking charges,