The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Museum home
Has anyone else seen today's Guardian? A retirement home in Bingley has created a "nostalgia set" to help residents come to terms with ageing and helping with Alzheimers symptoms. I'm sure that this is a laudable project.
However it features an Austin7 which has me slightly concerned...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tell us more - Why the concern? Is it that you feel in need of this sort of reminder or that you are part of this reminder.
Bob ps Does EDV 253 still exist ?
Duncan, You could put this on every week. Some of us would think it's a new thread.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Big Grin 
(06-10-2018, 11:52 AM)John Mason Wrote: Big Grin Duncan, You could put this on every week. Some of us would think it's a new thread.

John Mason

Big Grin
(06-10-2018, 10:57 AM)bob46320 Wrote: Bob   ps  Does EDV 253 still exist ?

DVLA database shows EDV 253 to be untaxed (in a red box) - tax was due on 29th January 2016 so legally it should be SORN'd - presumably the care home owner doesn't realise that thinking of its status as being tax free - let's hope he doesn't take the residents out for a run on the public highway. The A7CA Chassis Register shows it as an old entry, last recorded in the year 2000, last known club prior to 2000 was the PWA7C. Described as an ARR Ruby in grey / black and first registered in March 1939 - chassis number 288742. EDV is a Devon registration issued between February and May 1939.
I have no recollection of posting this...
Before I retired from work I regularly visited a day centre for people with dementia. The lady in charge devised a vhs video tape full of things from the past which included newsreel footage and other things such as film clips all from 30 or 40 years ago. The old people loved it and talked to one another about what they had seen and I recalled doing things at the time. I congratulated the lady on such a good idea to make and show the tape. She replied by saying the good thing was that she could play it each week and the old folks always thought it was new and not seen before.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.