The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jul 18th 1930 Motor - anyone got a copy?
This article (below) is present in the mag in the title line. I'd like to get a better scan of the interior shot if anyone has an original and thinks it possible to improve on what is on the Cornwall website?
http://www.austin7.org/Road%20Tests/SWB%20Saloon/

The original must be in one of the archives but hasn't surfaced yet unless you can alert me to it!

(I'm also after trying to find LightCar Jan 24th 1930 for same; an RK review)
I have the Light Car Jan 24th 1930 issue if you want a scan of the relevant pages.
thankyou Mike! I have no page number but its the roadtest for the 1930 saloon model and there are two interior photos... trying to see if can get any more detail that this one... http://www.austin7.org/Road%20Tests/1929%20RK%20Saloon/
Are these any good?

YUP! definite improvement thankyou very much indeed.
No colour, but we have a definite pattern there which adds to evidence. (The other mag is a less common, later variant)

Interesting to see thats a Fabric saloon exterior, and I haven't seen that gearlever rubber boot before?
(05-10-2018, 04:51 PM)JonE Wrote: ... and I haven't seen that gear lever rubber boot before?

I think the photo has been quite heavily retouched!
Hi Jon

I think I got my retrim just about right (tongue in cheek about the colour)

Howard

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love it. I imagine you live on Kings Road somewhere. And have a special hidden drinks cabinet.
(05-10-2018, 05:56 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Jon

I think I got my retrim just about right (tongue in cheek about the colour)

Howard

Howard a little trick I learned when faced with wriggly piping was to expose the cord filling at the seam ENDS just enough to grab it with a pair of pliers, and tug. The piping should immediately straighten, if not completely try the other end. A loose weave such as you have can make it easier to poke the piping cord through the weave near the ends (if you have no access to the actual end),
then grab and pull . Works best if you have plastic cord filling because soft filling tends to get punched through by the needle and locked in place.      Hope there's some help there, cheers  Russell
(05-10-2018, 04:51 PM)JonE Wrote: ... Interesting to see thats a Fabric saloon exterior, and I haven't seen that gearlever rubber boot before?

Looking at the photos again, the interior shots are of a fabric saloon, and not the metal saloon tested! (note the full-depth windscreen, as well as the fabric body and waist trim!)