The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Overheating RP
(05-10-2018, 02:01 PM)Chris KC Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 01:31 PM)John Mason Wrote: You could try removing the radiator then flushing thus allowing you to move it around tip it upside down and also shake any loose stuff out. Also remove the water inlet manifold and flush from there use a stiff bottle brush in the intake hole to remove anything around the cylinders. I recall flushing my seven radiator etc  with the radiator still coupled and when no improvement I removed it and found the bottom tank and outflow pipe full of rusted scale etc.

John Mason

Sorry I don't remember who but someone recently posted a pic of an ingenious temporary tank to replace (and thus save) the radiator while doing this. Might be a bit of work though.

This has worked well, as has patio cleaning acid used in the rad (caution needed there - it's a last resort, not without risk but it shifts crud)

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...3#pid16533

Charles
(13-10-2018, 01:54 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: IMHO the only way to fully clean up a block and a head is to remove all the added parts, including core plugs, and place it in a bath of liquid caustic soda to which has been added around 2% sodium hydride, cooking it at 370 degrees C for several hours. This reduces all " crud " to a fine dust which can be washed out. Crankcases and aluminium casting can also be treated in the same way but the temperature can affect any previous heat treatment. I have used the process on both block and cases with 100% results.

Local to me are Lenton Treatments of Leicester who are RR certified and always most willing to help I'm sure there must be others around the country.

I've not used Lenton myself but was admiring a block they had done for someone else last week and it looked a great job.
Just to finish the story - at least my part of it- I finally bit the bullet and had a new radiator core fitted by a local firm. The RP is now running normally
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Good news Rick - money well spent in my experience.
(19-11-2018, 01:26 AM)Rick F Wrote: Just to finish the story - at least my part of it- I finally bit the bullet and had a new radiator core fitted by a local firm. The RP is now running normally

It's the only way.