The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
garage for ruairidh and is this a chummy ?
(03-10-2018, 04:42 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Hi david,

We did step into New Mexico Monday at the four corners.

And if I had more time would have followed the geek trip down to alberqurkie. Must have spelt that on wrong.

We've done just over 2000 miles in 4 days so far.

Tony.
Good Stuff! keep taking the wakey wakey pills!
D
Travelled over the mountains today to Jamestown.

The 180 road, was somewhat scary with the vertical drops at 9,000ft.

The temp dropped from 39 yesterday to a low of 6 degrees. And at one point we had an inch of the White stuff on the road.

Would you beleive it.
Thought I'd get back to this thread for those who were interested.

Sorry it's taken time to do so, but the holiday took over and got very busy.

And I've been busy with auctions since I've returned.

I left things at a hotel we were at on Route 66.

As much of Route 66 has now been bypassed, it was very noticeable that the towns were a bit run down and perhaps the locals a bit rough. That's why there were plenty of rossers with flashing lights and Cyrene through the night.

However I had as usual booked about the cheapest place in town I could find. In a town called Barstow.
This place became one of those nice big surprises you get now and again.
Talking to the woman on the front desk, the place was falling into disrepair some years ago. And the town pulled together to keep it going rather than have a deralict property pulling the town down.
Many people donated items to raise funds to keep it going. EVEN CARS.
the car were kept on site to give the place that Route 66 feel, " LOVELY "

And this is it, hope you like.

[attachment=4210]

[attachment=4211]

[attachment=4212]

[attachment=4213]

[attachment=4214]
Ah proper rat look. Do I sense rooms had those beds with the slot machines for a quick 10 cent vibrate
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi andy,

I'd love to say YES, but sadly NO.

Although over the years in the states, we have stopped in motels that still have them.

The following morning we were on the move again as we wanted to get up through Death Valley.

On the way we visited a place ive been wanting to se for a few year, a place called Kramer junction.not much there, just an antique shop and this sign collection.

[attachment=4215]

[attachment=4216]

[attachment=4217]

[attachment=4218]

Death Valley was some what hot, 39 degrees.

Found this little bit staged find on the edge of one of the goats towns.

For you oily rag lovers.

[attachment=4219]
Great photos, Tony. Barstow is famous for a motorcycle desert race. The Magic Fingers...as a kid traveling with my parents, I always wanted to do the Magic Fingers. Have not seen one in years. Also, some decent ghost towns near there. Calico is a bit touristy, but Rhyolite on the east side of Death Valley has a good bottle house and once had a railway and electric lights.

Erich in Seattle
Now that's what you might call a project.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I try to keep these threads to car and automobilia interest. But sadly after Death Valley there wasn't much left to do that involved old cars.

We travelled on all the way to San francisco, as I've always wanted to see alcatraz. Wow. A child hood dream.

And then flew on back to the east coat, landing at Philadelphia. To drive on up for our week at Hershey.

It may be better to do a report on Hershey in a new thread.

Now I don't normally show pictures of ourselves on these trips, I keep it to the cars only.

But anyone who know me, will know I like to do something stoopid from time to time. Well quite regular actually.

So here are some pics of my favourite part of our trip, please watch an English comedy si-fi film called PAUL. Or even google these places, and join us geeks doing something stoopid.

If you travel 2hours North of Las Vegas you will eventually come to a place known to some as AREA 51. And yes this is actually the extraterrestrial highway.

[attachment=4220]

Travel further on up the highway, probably another 30 miles.

And you will come to THE BLACK MAIL BOX ?

Google it.

And Yes driving over 2 hours in the desert for this pic is stoopid.

But it goes on.

[attachment=4221]

Keep on this highway for around another 30 miles, and you will come to this place.

Yes it's starting to feel like a long drive.

THE LITTLE ALIAN INN?

Google it.

As tracy sed that's a long way for a Berger and a p I s s.

[attachment=4222]

[attachment=4223]

Hopefully you enjoyed our trip, live long an prosper.

Tony.
Tony, you aren't far from motorized wheels. Ballarat, now just a few buildings on the west side of Death Valley(actually across the hills) was a stop on the 1908 New York to Paris race won by a Thomas Flyer. Lots of great recent history in this area. Burro Schawartz's(or Shutlzes) tunnel. A miner, told he had TB, moved west and became a gold miner. He spent decades hand building a tunnel to get the ore to the outside. No gold, but he lived a long time.

Erich in Seattle
How very 'you' Tony!!

Glad you had a good time, I would be interested in the Hersey tale and photos. When I worked in a Virginian vintage car museum in the late 1980s they always talked about Hersey and we prepared several cars for it.