The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
All Alloy Cup progress
I was feart to enter your house with my shoes on, let alone with an engine Bill!
Be good to see that article on the OM jets if you can find it again, Bill. Nice to see that lovely head.
Hi Jon

I’ll have another trawl I think it was on an MG site
As they were fitted to J2’s.
It’s a Ricardo type head as recommended by Malcolm
Parker, who has been very helpful with technical advice
And also gifted me a block when my original was found to have frost
Cracks.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Great progress, Bill.   You must win the prize for the cleanest garage on the Forum!
The block I gifted you does look better now than when I gave it to you.  The Chummy wing stays you gifted me in return have enabled me to finish the Pytchley, so everyone is happy.
Hi Malcolm

Thanks for the kind comments about the hoose
Or the garage? I’ll let Ann know!

The block is better now! It was refaced and had 3 helicoils
Fitted , plus new core plugs and deep cleaned, plus new valve guides
fitted and seats recut.

You should post some photos of the Pytchley , it’s only
The second one ever made?

See you at Guildtown, by the way Colin is away to NZ
With his new partner.

Are you still working on the racer?

Regards

Bill G
I'm at Malcolm's on Tuesday, Bill, and I'll take some photos of the Pitchley as it is now. I've got this one from some time back before it had wings fitted. I think I've posted it on here before. It does look good with the wings on but Malcolm's not got the hang of picture posting! I'll take some of the racer as well. That's moved on quite a bit.

Steve
Thanks for posting Steve,

It’s a very attractive little saloon , you could drive it up
And race Malcolm , driving his Brooklands, to Guildtown!

Or just a motor home convoy with trailers?

Regards

Bill G
It is super, Bill, and the wings really look the part. It's taxed, insured and on the road but it needs some sound deadening. With the fabric on plywood body it's a bit like driving round inside a bass drum at the moment!

Steve
Rainbow 
For Jone from a post by Robin Gooders

Looks like I may have to try AN needle!!

Bill

I originaly started this thread back in November when I was contemplating replacing my up-draft Zenith with an SU. After taking advice from this forum, and also finding some needle info on the old forum, I have just completed the job.

I'm just posting this now to thank those who offered their advice, and also to state what bits I ended up using incase anyone else is searching for the same information.

I managed to buy an SU 1 inch OM type carb on ebay. I know these are quite difficult to come by, but it was worth seeking one out as it made a nice neat compact installation with no flange adaptors etc. I used a standard late side-draught type combined inlet/ exhaust manifold, and an AN needle. (I tried a couple of other needles but the AN gave the best pick-up and mid-range acceleration).  I've road tested the car with a full scuttle tank and no pump, but I plan to fit a Moggy Minor type LP SU pump.

So thanks again folks for all your advice. This forum really is a great asset to 7 owners.

Robin in cold West Sussex.
I am using AN needles in the saloon and the Ulster and it seems to be a good choice for general running.
The Pytchley is off the road at present pending replacement of the fuel tank. A sound Ruby tank has been sourced so hopefully it will be up and running soon.
In the spirit of it's construction, the body has been sound deadened using layers of foam backed carpet underlay which was in the local carpet suppliers waste skip.  The same material was used to form the rear seat cushions.  Five layers each 1/2" thick glued together with spray adhesive on a plywood base.
I think a race between the Pytchley and the Brooklands would be an interesting if somewhat dangerous exercise.  Steve and myself are no strangers to living life on the edge but we do have limits!