The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Help needed OT4745
The car was based near Carlisle at the time.
(04-09-2017, 08:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The car was based near Carlisle at the time.

Thank you xxx
Jeff Taylor Austin Sevens owned by members of the V.S.C.C. rarely appear on the A7CA Chassis Register. 

Jeff.

....a bit unfair..... I would think most cars owned by VSCC members are also members of A7 Clubs and have their cars on the Register.....
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Lynnetta Wrote: Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

I have checked the DVLA website and it's still about xxx

Hi there, just joined the site. OT4745 was owned by my Dad after the war for several years.
I have some pictures if anyone is interested.
I saw it at Eastleigh carnival in the seventies, told my Dad , and he got a bit in the Echo about it.
He always maintained it was a Singer, not an A7, so that may add to the confusion.
Nice to hear it's still on the road, as I told him I would buy it back 1 day for him.
He said it had been rebodied before he got it, he called it "The Flying Flea"
If any one knows where it is now I would love to know.
(01-10-2018, 08:08 PM)Lronald.west@sky.com Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Lynnetta Wrote: Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

Hi there, just joined the site. OT4745 was owned by my Dad after the war for several years.
I have some pictures if anyone is interested.
I saw it at Eastleigh carnival in the seventies, told my Dad , and he got a bit in the Echo about it.
He always maintained it was a Singer, not an A7, so that may add to the confusion.
Nice to hear it's still on the road, as I told him I would buy it back 1 day for him.
He said it had been rebodied before he got it, he called it "The Flying Flea"
If any one knows where it is now I would love to know.

Hi I have just sent you an email