The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Help needed OT4745
Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

I have checked the DVLA website and it's still about xxx
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Yes the car appears on my car check but not so on the Austin seven clubs association surviving cars list.a contributor of this forum may know of its whereabouts.

Wrote:
Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

It is currently street legal
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
According to this photo it was seen in 2014 at Heskin Hall, Chorley, Lancs.

speaking to the organisers of any car shows at that location might be a starting point.

The stickers on the screen might yeild info too...

I bet my left sock someone on here knows where it is...

Good luck

Dave
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Lynnetta Wrote: Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

The two stickers on the windscreen in the photo taken at Heskin Hall in 2014 suggest that at some point in time the cars owner was a member of both 'The Pre-War Austin Seven Club' and the 'Vintage Sports-Car Club'. Austin Sevens owned by members of the V.S.C.C. rarely appear on the A7CA Chassis Register. 

https://www.pwa7c.co.uk 

http://vscc.co.uk

Jeff.
(02-09-2017, 08:46 AM)Jeff Taylor Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Lynnetta Wrote: Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

The two stickers on the windscreen in the photo taken at Heskin Hall in 2014 suggest that at some point in time the cars owner was a member of both 'The Pre-War Austin Seven Club' and the 'Vintage Sports-Car Club'. Austin Sevens owned by members of the V.S.C.C. rarely appear on the A7CA Chassis Register. 

https://www.pwa7c.co.uk 

http://vscc.co.uk

Jeff.

I've emailed and put on their Facebook pages thank you so much for all your help xxx just wish I had done this sooner dad would have loved knowing the car was still around xxx

(02-09-2017, 07:39 AM)Pricey Wrote: According to this photo it was seen in 2014 at Heskin Hall, Chorley, Lancs.

speaking to the organisers of any car shows at that location might be a starting point.

The stickers on the screen might yeild info too...

I bet my left sock someone on here knows where it is...

Good luck

Dave

Thank you I've made contact and put a post on their Facebook page xxx 
What colour is your left sock? Lol xxx

(02-09-2017, 07:18 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 12:33 AM)Yes the car appears on my car check but not so on the Austin seven clubs association surviving cars list.a contributor of this forum may know of its whereabouts. Wrote: Help wanted I'm trying to find an Austin 7  RegOT 4745. It was owned back in the 60's/70's by Carey and Lambert in Southampton and was rebuilt by the apprentices. My father Terry Dowell helped rebuild it and used to take it to carnivals and it was used a wedding car on many occasions. Easter 1972 my dad and his work colleague drove little OT from lands end to John O'Groats. I spent many an hour when I was little looking though his "little OT" scrap book and reading the route that they took.  The picture is a painting of the car that has pride of place at my parents. I would love to know what has happened to this car. It played a huge part of my early years. Unfortunately we lost dad in April and him doing the lands end to John O'Groats run is my favourite memory and of him xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

It is currently street legal

Thank you for your help xxx I just wish I had done this before dad passed I know he would have loved to have seen it again. I will keep you updated xxx
The car in question is not on the PWA7C Register and never appears to have been. Neither is it on the A7CA Register

Chris
(04-09-2017, 03:55 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: The car in question is not on the PWA7C Register and never appears to have been. Neither is it on the A7CA Register

Chris
Thank you for your help I find it a bit strange because in the last picture we can find circa 2014 it has a couple of stickers in the window one a PWA7C sticker which we assumed meant it was a member of this particular Austin 7 club!

(04-09-2017, 04:19 PM)Lynnetta Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 03:55 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: The car in question is not on the PWA7C Register and never appears to have been. Neither is it on the A7CA Register

Chris
Thank you for your help I find it a bit strange because in the last picture we can find circa 2014 it has a couple of stickers in the window one a PWA7C sticker which we assumed meant it was a member of this particular Austin 7 club!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16797800@N07/14308538128 

Please check out this photo can you identify the stickers????

Thank you
Hi Lynnetta,

The stickers are as I described them in my earlier post, the one on the left is definitely without question the logo of the V.S.C.C. and the one on the right is the logo of The Pre-War Austin Seven Club - though why the owner should want to display the club sticker if the car has never been within the membership of the PWA7C as Chris Garner confirms is something you'd have to ask the owner. He could of course have been a PWA7C member himself but for whatever reason didn't declare ownership of that particular car. I suspect he may be a member of the V.S.C.C. I think I'm right in saying that the V.S.C.C. only keep a record of club members names, not of the actual cars they own - so the V.S.C.C. membership secretary probably has no means of linking that car and that registration to one of their members.

Jeff.
I did some engine work on a light grey 1927/8 Chummy about 8 years ago - it belonged to the late Ian Peak but I cannot remember the registration number. It is the only grey Chummy (of that year/type) I have seen - suited it.
(04-09-2017, 07:41 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I did some engine work on a light grey 1927/8 Chummy about 8 years ago - it belonged to the late Ian Peak but I cannot remember the registration number.  It is the only grey Chummy (of that year/type) I have seen - suited it.

Thank you where are you based? Xxx