The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.2S13 tyres - why?
My new to me special has age damaged tyres front and back so I want to replace them. The fronts are 4.00 4.25 - 15 pirelli tyres and the rears are firestone 6.2S13. I can't find out how the coding on the firestones works to find suitable replacements. It has and od of 563mm which is smaller than the 520-13 camac tyres that are the smallest on Langstone I can find.

The front codes I read as 4 inch width, 4.25 inch wall 15inch diameter.

Do the wheel sizes give any clue as to what the car might have been used for? ( it has a cambridge head, twin H1 su, bowdenex, dipped front axle  so it seems like it has been developed for some, now lost, purpose)

cheers

Attached Files
.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 21.39 KB / Downloads: 216)
Chris Roberts
Wiltshire
'31 special "limping Lucy"
If you are looking for radials as implied by Pirelli and Firestone in your post you should look at Citroen 2cv ones 15.125."2cv city" or "ECAS"  do a  Michelin lookalike "club" tyre at bargain price. For crossplies look at Weathermaster from Longstone they do a 15 x400/450
Don't mix radials and crossplys if you can avoid it. If you do, then the radials MUST go on the rear.
(01-09-2017, 01:21 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Don't mix radials and crossplys if you can avoid it. If you do, then the radials MUST go on the rear.

Sorry that should  be "Waymaster" not "weathermaster". We could open up a debate on crossply versus radial tyres for our sevens,not mixed of course.
Have you looked at Blockley? They are helpful & knowledgeable I have found. I do not know if they have your sizes though.