The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrie whizzo Williams
Photo 
Sorry to hear about the passing of Barrie whizzo Williams.

His smile was infectious, his stories wonderful. We lost a motoring legend. 

Here are two photos given to me by his dad, of Barrie’s farther and uncles in their Usters at Pardon Prescott

Motor racing in the blood through and through.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Super pictures; may I add them to the Friend's Gallery? Interesting that OG 9262 is on the Association Register as a replica!
Number 55 looks to have some sort of twin front shock arrangement. Hydraulic or twin friction?

Erich in Seattle
(23-09-2018, 03:06 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Super pictures; may I add them to the Friend's Gallery? Interesting that OG 9262 is on the Association Register as a replica!

Hi  Mike  only to pleased for you to add them in the gallery
Regards Andrew Wilson
I knew Barrie quite well for a good few years. He was an absolute legend & a true gentleman. His enthusiasm was always infectious & without a doubt he could jump into ANY car & drive it quicker than almost anyone else on the planet.

It's much said, but I doubt we will see his like again.
(24-09-2018, 10:48 AM)mk1-mark Wrote: I knew Barrie quite well for a good few years.  He was an absolute legend & a true gentleman.  His enthusiasm was always infectious & without a doubt he could jump into ANY car & drive it quicker than almost anyone else on the planet.

It's much said, but I doubt we will see his like again.
I met Barry on the 1993 London to Sydney Marathon. He was co driving a Hillman Hunter with a Michael Campbell. and spent much of the Rally under it (skills learnt on Austin Sevens....?)! They arrived late at Bombay & missed the Antonov, but flew to Oz & followed the rally with their race number on the hire car! 
He always had time to help anyone and his sense of humour never seemed to desert him. A lovely man, amazingly fast and capable. Very sadly missed.
David
A very sad loss. I have followed his racing since the 1970s.

A few years ago I was on a private visit to see Dick Skipworth's wonderful collection of cars, including many of the famous Ecurie Ecosse racers - and the transporter. Barry Williams was there and spent the evening chatting with us. A more approachable, friendly, and interesting chap you could not have wished to meet. He told me all about driving the ex-Raymond Mays ERA that Dick Skipworth still owns - and his wicked sense of humour, shone through as he described trying to get it off the line at Monaco.

His dice with Frank Sytner in a saloon car race at the Goodwood Revival a few years ago - when they swapped the lead sometimes two or three times in a lap, for lap after lap before Sytner finally spun off, is one of the most memorable races I have ever seen.
OG 9262 has been an Ulster for a long time. Not sure why it's down as a replica??
A sad loss of a great guy. I'm sure, though, he'd understand me saying that those look like very tight lines for Ulsters out of Pardon!! Perhaps I'll try the same in first practice on Saturday - or maybe not!!

Steve
(24-09-2018, 07:27 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: A sad loss of a great guy. I'm sure, though, he'd understand me saying that those look like very tight lines for Ulsters out of Pardon!! Perhaps I'll try the same in first practice on Saturday - or maybe not!!

Steve

I think it said the pictures were his father & uncle! Must have been in the blood!
D