The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Speed gearbox selector plate
Hello Chaps

Dad & I have been working on a close ratio 4 speed syncro box and we've come across two different selector plates for the 4 speed gearbox, can anyone tell us why they are different as this would surely affect how the gears are selected and which would be the correct plate ??

We have trawled though the Workshop Manuals and all the literature we have, but are still none the wiser here....

Cheers
Greig

Sunny South Africa

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_7709.JPG (Size: 135.92 KB / Downloads: 238)
(31-08-2017, 08:51 PM)Greig Smith Wrote: Hello Chaps

Dad & I have been working on a close ratio 4 speed syncro box and we've come across two different selector plates for the 4 speed gearbox, can anyone tell us why they are different as this would surely affect how the gears are selected and which would be the correct plate ??

We have trawled though the Workshop Manuals and all the literature we have, but are still none the wiser here....

Cheers
Greig

Sunny South Africa
Hi Greig  The bottom of the cutouts are also different

Cheers Colin
Austin 10 perhaps??
Hi chaps... I fell foul of the photo gremlins... it's the one on the left you need (based on the Ruby 4 speed box in my garage )
Thanks guys, the one on the left it will be !!

Cheers
Greig