The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a bad feeling about this...
what gets me is how gulable austin 7 people can be.

That is, considering usually austin 7 people don't part with there hard earnt money without good reson.

All you have to do is look at the pics, they don't match the discription.

If the car has been built as far as it is, expecting to be finished by the current owner. Why fit an obviously untouched or for restoration engine in the car with NEW BOLTS? Alarm bells should ring.

It's been thrown in because it has a low value.

Or even why build a car, fit the dashboard with NO reference to were dials are going. NO DIALS BOUGHT OR EVEN PLANED TO GO IN. Again alarm bells.

What NO RAD FITTED, alarm bells.

As we ALL know these parts are not cheap, recent thread on rads. NOT CHEAP, hopefully stuart has managed to keep both kidneys. Decent engine build, MINIMUM £4,500 not cheap. Set of NICE sporty dials will probably set you back £1,000 or more. Not cheap.

Come on ebayers, it should be obvious why these parts are missing or in poor condition.

Sorry for the rant, I'm sure it winds others the same way. Tony.
I seem to recall seeing that body for sale as a complete car recently. The partially sanded bodywork sticks in my mind. I think that it was ebay.

Jamie.
I wouldn't mind betting they are all phantom bidders.

Nice AA badge though.
This latest offering from Equipe Waterski seems to have sold for £2556.00. I wonder what the floating Monza filler cap was attached to...
Still, I hope the customer is satisfied.
Floating monza filler cap? I thought that was the handle on the spare wheel cover?
That feels like a lot of hard work plus what's its cost for parts. Even low grade parts.

For £2.5k

If as suggested the seller is bidding up his own car, I guess we will see soon enough.
(03-04-2019, 08:17 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: That feels like a lot of hard work plus what's its cost for parts. Even low grade parts.

For £2.5k

If as suggested the seller is bidding up his own car, I guess we will see soon enough.

Almost inevitable, I would have thought.  

I am expecting to see something along the lines of "relished due to time waster....I need the space so grab yourself a bargain".
Quite possibly the nastiest, least appealing load of Austin 7 crap ever to hit eBay- and that's saying something. As for the description - it's a good job he's not an "official" dealer - though no doubt with a string of cars passing through his hands the tax radar will soon be posting him one of those dreaded brown envelopes.
Clearly the previous sale fell through (what a surprise!). It's back on sale, and this time it's got a dial! Looks like a speedo from a late 30s Big Seven or similar shoehorned onto the dash.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1106460
A highly overpriced collection of spares! £5500.00!!!!! I didn't pay a lot more for my RP saloon last October. And I drove it home!