The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a bad feeling about this...
eBay understands these sellers/buyers well! I get a link suggesting that others looked at this;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BUILD-MANUAL-PL...OSwtcRcOyU
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
At the bottom of the ad can be found the originator's details. John Cowperthwaite has been building/supplying plans & parts for kit cars for years. His most "well known" example was the JC "Midge" made out of aluminium covered plywood sheets using a Triumph Herald or Spitfire as a base. I made one in the early 80s and had lots of fun with it before I swapped it for the RP... I'm sure the advert for the kid's car is genuine and well engineered. (sorry about the quality of the image but it's a photo of a photo)

[Image: 20181215-113543.jpg]
Just to be clear, Bruce, you're referring to the builder of the very tidy-looking JC Midge in your picture, not "Mr Williams" of "Waterski Special" fame!
Yes Martin. Not the waterski specials - the previous post prior to mine featured a link to some kiddie's cars that looked a bit lotus 7 like. They are by John Cowperthwaite. The green car in the photo was built by me, using plans and some parts supplied by John Cowperthwaite (from where the JC part of the car's name comes from) at the time I built mine he was based in Sheffield.
(27-03-2019, 09:45 AM)Martin Prior Wrote: What can one say?  

Gordon England???!!!

The rest of the description sounds remarkably familiar to his previous unfinished efforts, as do the claims of easy registration.

LOL, I was eyeing up a pair of wooden skis in the antiques shop in town yesterday, for front wings for my Gordon England Cup. I wager I could laminate some matching rear ones in ply.........
This looks recently slaughtered - eBay item number:192867872174 . Leeds area, so is it from the other end of the Waterski production line?
Does picture 3 hold a clue for anyone who has met Mr Williams?
Oh and both appear to feature a nice new white Land Rover in the background, you never know...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I've certainly seen that hat before!
I think the water feature in the background of both items is the same too. I'd be willing to bet we're looking at the same ultimate source.
Perhaps rather foolishly he is selling that Ruby body complete with chassis and car number plates!