The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hinckley town car show
had the chance today to take the car out for a run.

The Hinckley car show.

First chance ive had to do this event.

It's there 8th year, and this is one of the more modern types of cars shows I like.

You don't get stuck in the middle of a field, and charged for the pleasure. Or boredom depending on your view of car shows.

This event is set in the middle of Hinckley town centre. In LEICESTERSHIRE. Free entry, first come first served. Free to public.

If you are keen to show your car, you get there early in the morning. And get a prime spot.

If you are more like me, you have a lay inn. And get put a bit more on the out skirts. Mind you it made it easier to get at mid-day to watch the F1.

There are any and all cars there.

A few sevens.

[attachment=3886]

[attachment=3887]

[attachment=3888]

[attachment=3890]

This little red Ruby being shown for sale.

If anyone is interested.

[attachment=3891]

[attachment=3892]

Sorry I can't picture them all.

But there were literally 1,000s of cars, bikes, tractors, steam, a few who think they were in the fast and the furious Huh  And I even sore a mini with a mirror under the front of the car Huh  Why would you!

[attachment=3893]

[attachment=3894]

[attachment=3895]

[attachment=3896]

[attachment=3898]

[attachment=3899]
Looks like a good show, Tony. If I had known about it I might well have trundled over from Shropshire in the chummy!
Hi Ian,

I'd have given people more time, but I only found out it was on last night wilst down the pub.

Put it in your dairy, there's always next year.

I think this event shows the need for change in the old car world etc.

It obviously works, the town was full of anything with wheels. And full of people enjoying them.

I'm not normally a car showing person, but I like the idea of showing people early cars are not a scary old banger that brakes down every 5 mins. And a nightmear to maintain.

Tony.
Reminds me of the old car scene in France, Tony. One year, on a particular event, I found myself parked next to a DeLorean, first one I'd ever seen in the flesh. All very eclectic Bugatti 35s next to Lotus Elans!!
I like the look of that chrome rad. Austin 10 cabriolet - such family potential!
Just got home from a lovely afternoon in 25 degrees of sunshine at the Great Easton open gardens.

Our line up of Austin Sevens was serenaded by a group of 10 Ukulele players who played everything from the Beetles to 'I predict a riot' by the Kaiser Chiefs.

Only in an English country garden could such a thing happen, it was lovely.
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!