The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Old Garage Pictures
THanks Bryan - have you got your Austin ledgers information for your car, by any chance? Does it list the interior description. Would be interested to know...
No, John, no ledger information - is that what is available from Gaydon for a fee?
(13-09-2018, 05:46 PM)Bryan Downes Wrote: Travelling through Much Wenlock last Saturday I spotted this interesting old garage. Ruairidh started a thread on this subject a couple of years ago but I was unable to locate it! Anyway, here are my two pictures:

Wonderful - Thanks for sharing.
The timber and corrugated iron is characteristic of buildings here. My grandfather, a traditonal lead work plumber,  came here in 1900s and was unimpressed. During the Depression they did a lot of patch repair roof work. He called it fowlhouse plumbing.

If and when the TV programme American Pickers reaches the UK the pumps will likely disappear. Or maybe Brits have less room to store such trinkets.
At this risk of repeating myself from the old form here is a pic of the petrol pump at the caravan site behind the village pub. I remember buying fuel for my Norton Domi' here in 1968...
The original circular globe was stolen about 20 years ago but I managed to find a "Not for resale" one which a pal made some vinyl decals for as a replacement a few years ago.
The 7 is hand built Doctors Coupé style built by the late landlord & son as his first car in 1965.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(15-09-2018, 05:41 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: At this risk of repeating myself from the old form here is a pic of the petrol pump at the caravan site behind the village pub. I remember buying fuel for my Norton Domi' here in 1968...
The original circular globe was stolen about 20 years ago but I managed to find a "Not for resale" one which a pal made some vinyl decals for as a replacement a few years ago.
The 7 is hand built Doctors Coupé style built by the late landlord & son as his first car in 1965.

FAB
Hi R,

Here's one for you.

Not quite so rustic though.

Tony.

[attachment=3857]

(Can you tell were it is yet).

[attachment=3858]
(13-09-2018, 05:46 PM)Bryan Downes Wrote: Travelling through Much Wenlock last Saturday I spotted this interesting old garage. Ruairidh started a thread on this subject a couple of years ago but I was unable to locate it! Anyway, here are my two pictures:

You did well to get that photo, Bryan. I pass there regularly and have always intended to sneak the chummy in front of the pumps for a photo but, there is usually a chain across the front of the site, a notice saying "private, no trespassers" or similar and frequently a modern parked exactly where your car was!!
I love those Art Deco masterpieces! When at college in Birmingham '71-'74 I used to ride around on my Velo' (I'd sold the Domi') photographing 1930's car showrooms, cinemas and a surprising number of houses. All those pics are now somewhere in shoeboxes and un-traceable, pre-digital days...
(15-09-2018, 07:36 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Hi R,

Here's one for you.

Not quite so rustic though.

Tony.

(Can you tell were it is yet).

I guess at Melbourne Australia. 
 Beaurepaire was a  town councillor and tyre merchant. My grandmother told me as a girl she rejected his advances.  The telephone  prefix on the verandah sign is 03 
cheers  Russell