The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royle Pedal car info
Afternoon,

I have managed to pick up the GRP shell of a Royle Austin Seven pedal car, does anyone have one they can share some photos with me of please? Iam interested in sourcing wheels and also chassis/running gear

Thank you
If not seen already you may find this old thread interesting:-

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...5&cmd=show
It may be worth having a look at these for wheels and running gear
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAGHERA-GOLDIN...0005.m1851
I would imagine the wheels are pram wheels with the brake drum part added on the back. 12.5" x 2.25" tyre size is a standard size - making them about 0.45 the size of Austin Seven wheels. These wheels are getting harder to find with most pram manufacturers now using plastic ones. If not they'll be bicycle wheels.

You'll find photos of a Royle if you do a Google search, they did a Chummy and a Chummy Van.

Peter.
(30-08-2017, 03:06 PM)JohnD Wrote: Afternoon,

I have managed to pick up the GRP shell of a Royle Austin Seven pedal car, does anyone have one they can share some photos with me of please? Iam interested in sourcing wheels and also chassis/running gear

Thank you

I'm pretty sure I have an original sales catalog for these. I left it in Australia thinking the Austin Clubs Association would not be interested for their archive project.  Watch this space as I'll be back home in 3 weeks.    cheers  Russell
(30-08-2017, 09:58 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: I would imagine the wheels are pram wheels with the brake drum part added on the back. 12.5" x 2.25" tyre size is a standard size - making them about 0.45 the size of Austin Seven wheels. These wheels are getting harder to find with most pram manufacturers now using plastic ones. If not they'll be bicycle wheels.

You'll find photos of a Royle if you do a Google search, they did a Chummy and a Chummy Van.

Peter.

Peter, 

I had planned to talk to you at Guildtown regarding this as i liked the wheels you used on your Cup Model, however Sunday came around to soon and the time disappeared! 
 Was it Bicycle wheels you used on this car?

John
John,

I'm sorry to have missed you at Guildtown. No I used pram wheels for the Cup model and for a subsequent Chummy. Finding 5 for the Chummy was a challenge!

I did have a brochure for Royle but can't immediately lay my hands on it. If I find it I'll try to post it on here.

Peter.