The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting film on YouTube
Very interesting.

Does anyone know the venue for the rally? It must have been one of the first outings for our newly restored Ruby though strangely I don't really remember it.

Peter.
Peter,

It was at Lickey Grange.

Do you have a time slot to add please?
For what it's worth Ruairidh the Ruby is parked under the trees at 21-07 and I think the back of my mother's head is seen at 21-31. Not exactly a starring role but that's how she would have wanted it!

I do vaguely remember a very good jazz band (presumably the one used for the soundtrack) which I think was made up of Seven owners rather than professional musicians.

Peter.
(10-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It was at Lickey Grange.

Sounds like someone who played tiddlywinks with George, Drippy and Strangely-Brown!

Simon
Lickey Grange was Lord Austin’s home Simon, at the time of filming it was a school for the blind - there was an unduccessful attempt to raise funds by the Association to buy.

I suspect it was members of the Eureka Jazz band Peter - Terry McGrath, Andy Lowe and Dave Tedham plus others, see: http://www.eurekajazz.co.uk/
(11-09-2018, 06:41 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Lickey Grange was Lord Austin’s home Simon, at the time of filming it was a school for the blind - there was an unduccessful attempt to raise funds by the Association to buy.

I suspect it was members of the Eureka Jazz band Peter - Terry McGrath, Andy Lowe and Dave Tedham plus others, see: http://www.eurekajazz.co.uk/

Seems like it is housing for posh people now. It's actually not that far from where my mum is from, somewhere called Stockwood, near Redditch. I had to go look it up in the front of one of her old Rupert books!

Simon
We may have been over this ground before a few years ago, but I have a small illustration of a 1923 FN bike engine. It has two camshafts and ohiv, but the rolling bearing two bearing crank complete with oil pockets is pure Seven. If anyone has earlier the fine details of the  bearings may be interesting.
Some Midland A7C members on the film:

20.36   Harold Tibbs and Bob Brain
21.48   Bob Johnson & family
23.26   Rick Harrison
23.28   Arnold Crowe

Sadly, Harold, Bob Brain and Arnold have since departed to the great rally field in the sky.  Time flies...