The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting film on YouTube
Video 
This is fairly new on YouTube I think, I don't remember seeing it before. From the blurb:

Quote:"Take 30 - Austin Seven Documentary first broadcast on the 18th June 1984 by Central TV in the UK. It features Stanley Edge the draughtsman who Sir Herbert Austin had employed at his home Lickey Grange in 1922, to draw up his plans for a little car that was to save the Austin Motor Company from bankruptcy. Also Colonel Arthur Waite appears in this video who developed the Austin 7 for racing.   I believe this programme to be of great historical interest. Please note that this is an original ITV programme and ownership and all copyrights belong to ITV."

I do like his little shed, presumably at the bottom of the garden!

Simon
(09-09-2018, 12:38 AM)jansens Wrote: This is fairly new on YouTube I think, I don't remember seeing it before. From the blurb:

Quote:"Take 30 - Austin Seven Documentary first broadcast on the 18th June 1984 by Central TV in the UK. It features Stanley Edge the draughtsman who Sir Herbert Austin had employed at his home Lickey Grange in 1922, to draw up his plans for a little car that was to save the Austin Motor Company from bankruptcy. Also Colonel Arthur Waite appears in this video who developed the Austin 7 for racing.   I believe this programme to be of great historical interest. Please note that this is an original ITV programme and ownership and all copyrights belong to ITV."

I do like his little shed, presumably at the bottom of the garden!

Simon

A very enjoyable viewing thanks for sharing Simon, I do wish there were captions showing the names of contemporary cast members. A great memory lane experience for them.  regards  Russell
Can anyone spot what was the red hot item taken from the furnace?

Initial prices were certainly high. From 1923 Autocar; Seven L225, 12 L450, 20 L695. Morris Cowley 2 str L255, Jowett 7 2 str L225, Rover twin 2 str L180, Chev 2.8 litre 4str L235, Ford Model T 2.9 litre 23 hp 4str L175! Through the 1920s there were more Model Ts on the roads of the world than all others together. Tax at L1 per RAC hp hit the Americans. Prices fell dramatically to the 30s.

Until the advent of strain gauges and computers there was a considerable empirical element in car design. Nevertheless it would be interesting to know who, if anyone, ran a slide rule over the Seven. I dont know if Edges education ran that far.
Any calcs for the front axle ends were presumably mislaid later.
Is that an Ian and Ruaridh Dunford at 21 mins? (I've been perusing too many Assoc mag backnumbers...)

Yes, could someone list some of the other characters featured and untitled, like the chap taking the bonnet off and the one talking about the orange Ulster?
We are both in this Jon - fleetingly. They used a small sound clip of me talking about what it was like to travel in the back of them, I was eleven when it was made.

There were lots of A7 people involved, I will try to go through it later but others will know who they are for sure.
I think I am correct in saying that the little shed mentioned by Simon is where all the prototype drawings were being stored.
Apart from the Dunford family at 21.02, I also spotted Phil Baildon at 1.34 and Mike Hodgson at 22.42.
My favorite at the moment is this one Big Grin :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWVk7TcKsxM
Opening scene - Stan and his second wife Racheal, in Mike Hodgson's early Chummy now owned by Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason.

The car eventually enters the drive of Lickey Grange.

1:34 - Phil Baildon chats to Stan...

2:06 - the blue vehicle amongst the A7s is the Ambulance used by The Austin Seven Centre (John Platts)...

2:12 - Tim Bartlett drives the Dunford Chummy around cones...

2:24 - Stan's garden summer house at his home in Oswestry - the Prototype drawings now kept by the Association were stored here, the ends nearest the floor suffered damage that can still be seen today.  I remember that he owned a green and and white mini around the time this film was made...

2:34 - the book he is looking through is this one:  https://gordonenglandregister.wordpress....-notebook/

5:54 - Mike Hodgson's car at the main entrance to Longbridge...

10:21 - The motorcycle jacket worn by Stan in this picture is shown on page 3 of A7CA Magazine 1992A (photo of one of his bikes shown below).

20:29 - Ian Dunford lying down on extreme left

20: 45 - Phil Baildon voice over with Stan in shot

20:51 - Tim Bartlett in the Dunford Chummy

21:02 - (L to R) Ian Dunford, Ruairdh Dunford (in denim) and Jenny Dunford, Ian Dunford voice over

21:26 - Ian Dunford voice over (finding a car in the bramble bush...)

21:51 - Phil Baildon voice over (Takes up time...)

22:04 - Ruairidh Dunford voice over (It's brilliant, open air...)

22:08 - I think this is Hazel Gore voice over...

22:43 - Mike and Steve Hodgson in the early Chummy...

23:12 - Phil Baildon voice over (I first met Stanley when...)

22:53 - Mike Hodgson's early car being towed home behind his Morris 1000 Van

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thumbs Up 
Brilliant! thanks Rory