The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 volt to 12 volt austin 7
(21-08-2018, 05:56 PM)John Mason Wrote: I use the amber round dome shaped indicator lamps with 6 volt festoon bulbs on my Ruby fitted to brackets made from mild steel and bolted to the bumper bolts. I have no problems being seen indicating. I also have them wired via a relay so that both flashing indicators and original semaphores work together.

John Mason.

I'm in the middle of rewiring my Arrow (also sticking with 6 Volts) and am looking for options for rear indicators, can you post a link to the ones you have used and maybe a photo of them fitted

Cheer, Mark
These as stated previously are fitted with L.E.D lighting boards from Dynamo Conversions  and are very bright. I also employ the Semaphores with built in L.E.D flasher units and for the front twin units employing both white and orange L.E.D’s in the original side lights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I run the Ulsteroid on 12v, because it was already converted when we bought it. I am impressed by the starter performance and instant starting, noticeably better than typical starting on 6v. The other useful thing is that I can use a motorcycle battery, which is relatively cheap and lightweight. Additionally it is easy to get flasher units which have the 'hazard warning' facility. I have not found 6v flashers with this feature. Also the lower current required from the dynamo is likely to keep it serviceable for longer, because the heating effect at a typical load is only one quarter (square of current multiplied by resistance) of what it would be at 6v. I do however run the Chummy on 6v. There are no starting problems with a good magneto: just turn the handle! And the satnav is happy on 6v.

Robert Leigh
(25-08-2018, 01:20 PM)Robert Leigh Wrote: Additionally it is easy to get flasher units which have the 'hazard warning' facility. I have not found 6v flashers with this feature.

Willie McKenzie's flasher unit has a hazard warning switch built into it.

The unit works on both 6v and 12v and with LED or filament bulbs and has connections for repeaters inside the car.
Willie's unit is super as R suggests, not only does it have hazard lights and works on 6 or 12 volt, but the feature that I really like is that if you wish to set this it will turn off after 50 flashes !
Saved me being red faced many times !
Angel