The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radiator for 1931 Ulster Replica - Advice Please
Ive just fitted an original honeycomb rad to my 1930 chummy to what I assume is the original cowl to the car (two holes, one each side of the handle). The rad that came with the car had a 'modern' core in it and had some dodgy soldering on the drain.

However the honeycomb rad came out of an identical chrome cowl (which I still have, freshly chromed and in the wardrobe). The chrome puts the spare cowl also at 1930 I guess?.

Likely too the core. The whole assembly was so free from messing by muppets that I doubt that they had been apart till dad had the chrome done
(21-08-2018, 03:54 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: Ive just fitted an original honeycomb rad to my 1930 chummy to what I assume is the original cowl to the car (two holes, one each side of the handle). The rad that came with the car had a 'modern' core in it and had some dodgy soldering on the drain.

However the honeycomb rad came out of an identical chrome cowl (which I still have, freshly chromed and in the wardrobe). The chrome puts the spare cowl also at 1930 I guess?.

Likely too the core. The whole assembly was so free from messing by muppets that I doubt that they had been apart till dad had the chrome done
Isn't it a treat working on something which is still in original condition...

Must say I've seen a few drains with dodgy-looking solder, maybe it's where they started the apprentices?