The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floor Mounted Starter Button
Here's photos of the internals, not so good because the camera is focusing on the bench and not the parts, asv you will see the internals are quite different. The blue chassis looks good Ruairidh.        
(14-08-2018, 09:51 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: Here's photos of the internals, not so good because the camera is focusing on the bench and not the parts, asv you will see the internals are quite different. The blue chassis looks good Ruairidh.

As I thought the original floor mounted Starter Button is the same as that used on the bacon slicer Starter Motor but fitted with a shroud around the button.
Aren’t they just Dave.

Thanks for posting. I have collected the details from the blue chassis for your records, a number of obscure early features are retained which I have photographed for you as well.

Speak soon.
I have some undercoat that colour for my Marshall. I was tempted to paint the front axle on the chummy chassis royal blue (Marshall topcoat). And paint the cowl and wheels that blue. The rest satin black more or less as is. 

Dad had a 1931 Singer 10 saloon. A sidevalve one. The whole chassis on that was blue from factory.
Am I the only one who is itching to know more about that blue chassis.... My curiosity is well and truly piqued

Aye
Greig
(14-08-2018, 09:51 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: Here's photos of the internals, not so good because the camera is focusing on the bench and not the parts, asv you will see the internals are quite different. The blue chassis looks good Ruairidh.

Is the top pic showing two different switches ?
Thanks,
Stephen
They are of the early and late types shown in Dave’s photos above Stephen.

Externally they have two types of shrouds - they differ slightly internally as well.
Thanks Ruairidh, the top row is the early switch with the bottom part still in the car (second photo) and the bottom row is the later switch with flat contacts.
Rather than making one, would anyone have a spare starter switch and button for a 1929  AD chummy they would be willing to part with ? 
Thanks,
Stephen
well, there is a nice one on ebay with 15 hours to go, and its only on 250 quid...

I chanced upon an original to replace my similar Lucas mk 1 mini item, but those are perfectly good, and can be got new for 15 quid or so.