The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
65 Bonnet catch
(13-08-2018, 05:28 PM)NickB Wrote: This is what I assume to be the original fitting.

Perfect.... well don't Nick...
    '33 Type 65. My two penny worth. Again I'm not sure if this is correct. Have always assumed so. Must get to paint the bolt heads!
1936 Nippy:

(in haste, sorry)
(13-08-2018, 07:30 PM)Chris KC Wrote: 1936 Nippy:

(in haste, sorry)

Yours has that location plate with the 2 bolts in further back on the lower panel too Chris....
    The location of the bonnet side on my 65 is by a peg, attached to the inside of the bonnet side, which locates on a platform attached to the flitch plate     Is this original?
(13-08-2018, 08:29 PM)Motor-Mouse Wrote:

(in haste, sorry)

Yours has that location plate with the 2 bolts in further back on the lower panel too Chris....

Indeed it does. No reason to suppose it's not pukka.
(13-08-2018, 08:53 PM)Chris KC Wrote:
(13-08-2018, 08:29 PM)Motor-Mouse Wrote:

(in haste, sorry)

Indeed it does. No reason to suppose it's not pukka.

We could simply work on the basis that this is the only thing correct on both of our cars....  Big Grin  Its a starting point at least.....
June 1933 '65' from Autocar... so perhaps a first test car but definitely shows the same sort of placement of the locator plate. The spring catch knuckles DO break away from the bases, so an obvious reason for other types being replaced over time?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As the owners of a very early 65 with the knife edge wire bead dash, we're following this with considerable interest, bonnet catches are something that we do need.

@ Chris Garner - our car is earlier than yours as our stiffening flitch plates are mounted vertically and not horizontally, so ours would have logically had the little upstanding flat bar locator like the LHD Press car

Pictures are all on JonE's Nippy site

Aye
Greig
I had no idea a simple question was going to create so much interest! Anyway I've not got the new "wing mounting" fasteners yet but will post something about how they work when they do. Had another look at the car today - body number 59 with horizontal stiffeners. There's also one bolt visible from the outside and evidence of two holes on the inside possibly for that bent steel finger. Known the car for almost 50 years and can't remember ever seeing any bolted on bonnet clips!