The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 RP Height
Can anyone please tell me the overal height of an RP please. Am looking at a box trailer to buy so need to know if RP will fit. I've found all of the other dimensions but not the height. Thanks
My RP stands 62" max. I'd allow at least another three inches for fresher springs and bouncing en route.

We regularly transport A7s in a medium-roof Transit, which annoyingly has 61" clear under the door catch, so I always fit a pair of tyre-less scrap wheels on the back axle of saloons.
(08-08-2018, 11:38 AM)Martin Prior Wrote: My RP stands 62" max.  I'd allow at least another three inches for fresher springs and bouncing en route.

We regularly transport A7s in a medium-roof Transit, which annoyingly has 61" clear under the door catch, so I always fit a pair of tyre-less scrap wheels on the back axle of saloons.
Thanks Martin, just what I needed to know. The trailer I'm considering is 5ft 7" so should be about right. My RP is some way away from home at the moment having work done otherwise I could have gone out to the garage and measured it.
(08-08-2018, 10:17 AM)AmytheAustin Wrote: Can anyone please tell me the overal height of an RP please. Am looking at a box trailer to buy so need to know if RP will fit. I've found all of the other dimensions but not the height. Thanks

Mine is  613/4 inches - your 5' 7" sounds OK.

The other thing you need to be careful of is the width because it will lean quite a lot going round corners. 
I would suggest at least 6' is required.
(08-08-2018, 02:39 PM)Nick Turley Wrote: The other thing you need to be careful of is the width because it will lean quite a lot going round corners. 
I would suggest at least 6' is required.

With all due respect to Nick, our Transit is a gnat's whisker under 5 feet wide internally at RP gutter level and rolling has never been an issue.
No worries on the width guys......trailer is 6ft 2" wide, internal, so plenty of room.....