The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MkII Cabriolet Hood front fitting
Mk1 is flat - Mk2 is curved.

R
Right. Thanks Ruairidh. That's what I have to fabricate then...

Thanks all...
Hugh, I think I have found the part you require as a pattern amongst the parts I had shot blasted and powder coated. I have sent the photos to Ruairidh and asked him to put them on here as I haven't a clue how to do it. If it is the part you require let me know and you can borrow it as a pattern.
Here you are Nigel.

Thank you Ruairidh for posting the photo on Nigel's behalf. However, Nigel, I think the piece in the photo is *not* the portion embedded in the hood material but is the front rail of the 'tensioning' frame that pivots about 6 or 7 inches back from the front of the roof opening (ie, there are other parts that should be fitted to this).

The component I am looking for engages with the piece in the photo when the hood is closed.. I would imagine it to be roughly the same shape but flat...
Ah ok, if I come across it I will let you know, maybe I am missing it also and I will be asking you for a pattern !
Digging this thread up again Hugh, I have been working on the roof area for the past week and having dug out the old roof the rubber section goes in front of the rail within the canvas, of course, the curved piece of metal is missing from mine also but I don't think it will be too hard to make a replacement, but how does it fit to the frame that carries it, so it comes out easily when you roll it back?. A photo would be great, also is it made from 6mm a 2mm steel?
To get this on the front page again (and get a reply ) Happy New Year
I'm afraid I can't offer precise advice because, as this thread started, I am missing the same piece. My understanding is the front of the hood material has a flap on the front of it with the insert of the curved metal piece. This is shown in the photos posted by Peter Naulls on the first page of this thread. As you put the hood in place, the curved rail in the hood slots into the frame piece shown in your photos and, as you push the pivoted front frame down, it tensions the hood by pulling it forward. Then it is held in place by the two catches..

Does that make sense and answer your question?
Thanks, Hugh, it must go under the lugs sticking forward then, I have looked on the Pearl Pinterest website but it doesn't show how it fits.I will have a look at one in the flesh on the 6th ( Club run ) to see how it fits.