Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MkII Cabriolet Hood front rail
Longshot:

The front portion of the hood on a MkII Pearl Cabriolet is a 'pocket' with  spring steel(?) insert that 'engages' with the front portion of the frame connected to the body. On my car, that is missing and has been replaced with a piece of shaped wood - that has recently broken. I'd like to return it to the original spec and wondered whether anyone might have the steel insert in the remains of a car or could help me with any information as to exactly what I need to manufacture..

Thanks in advance..

Hugh
(07-08-2018, 02:45 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Longshot:

The front portion of the hood on a MkII Pearl Cabriolet is a 'pocket' with  spring steel(?) insert that 'engages' with the front portion of the frame connected to the body. On my car, that is missing and has been replaced with a piece of shaped wood - that has recently broken. I'd like to return it to the original spec and wondered whether anyone might have the steel insert in the remains of a car or could help me with any information as to exactly what I need to manufacture..

Thanks in advance..

Hugh
Is it similar to the way mark 1 works?

I have a mark 1 and can take photos if its of similar design, its only a bent piece of stock steel with a couple of locating lugs on it....

regards

M-M
Thanks M-M. I started a thread in the forum about this and it seems to have fairly conculsively established that the MkI should have a piece of spring steel that goes flat when not engaged with the tensioning rail and the MkII, which has a piece of shaped steel. Have a look at the thread:

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...p?tid=1555

thanks for the reply..