The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zenith 26VA Carb Capacity well tube
Hi all,  This may sound unbelievable but a month after having my carb apart and back together again my son found the capacity well tube on the driveway where I had been working. Since then my son has taken the car for a run and said it drove reasonably well.
My question now is. When I replace this part are there any fibre washes to go on top of the capacity well tube before the screw goes on the top.
I must stop trying to do things now my eyesight has gone.

John Mason.
No washers.
Some alert may be confused; the later models had altered casting and no well tube and cover vent.
The missing tube the typical sort of problem found in old cars and very few would notice, esp as not illustrated in commonly used carb diag!.
Thanks Bob, just another point I believe it goes in with the opening at the top so that it is blanked off with the capping screw. Am I correct

Thanks again
John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi John

It is 50 years since my car was converted to an SU so it is a while since I last looked! But as you have doubtless discovered, the blank end has to go down for the cover screw vent to seat.
It is a bit of a puzzle to relate it to the descriptions of operation.
Thanks again Bob. It will be back in before the end of the day.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.