The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full battery, no output??
Question 
Hi, I have had my 1930 Austin 7 Chummy for about 6 months and then this is my first, so I'm currently pretty new to their common issues, just tried to get it going and no response. Appears to be an electrical fault as getting no response from starter motor or horn. When plugged into charger battery is shown as full. Was running fine when I last had it out a week ago, brand new battery too. Any thoughts/experience of this? Thanks
Check the fat wire connections to battery, starter and earth is the first step IMHO. Undo them all, clean and perhaps apply copper grease and refit.
If the car is new to you, perhaps a previous owner has fitted an isolator switch?
Borrow a set of jump leads.

Connect one from the battery earth terminal to the crankcase.

Connect one to the motor terminal on the starter.

If nothing happens - something wrong with the starter.

If rotation happens - something wrong with connections between battery and engine earth, or battery and starter.

If you want to be a bit less crude, take one lead to the crankcase, and the other to the coil terminal that doesn't go to the the distributor.   To be safe from possible complications, disconnect this terminal from anything else first.

Turn starting handle until engine goes. 

Simon