The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster height
I'm working on modifying a trailer for my Ulster Replica which is presently in Sussex and I am in the US. Can anyone let me know what the height is of an Ulster Replica with aero screens, no hood, standard lowered configuration. I would guess about 3 feet, but an exact measurement would be helpful.

Erich in Seattle
Erich,

ride heights differ for a multitude of reasons but the top of my bonnet is 34" from the ground and the top of my (full) windscreen (raked back for posing) is 47".

Can the chaps working on your car in the UK provide specifics for yours?
(27-08-2017, 09:37 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Erich,

ride heights differ for a multitude of reasons but the top of my bonnet is 34" from the ground and the top of my (full) windscreen (raked back for posing) is 47".

Can the chaps working on your car in the UK provide specifics for yours?

And the height of the top of the scuttle on mine is 37" from the ground. The aeroscreens, raked back, add a further 7" which proves Ruairidh's point that the ride heights can differ for a multitude of reasons! If the dimension is that critical, you really do need the actual dimension from your own car.

Steve
(27-08-2017, 11:19 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: And the height of the top of the scuttle on mine is 37" from the ground. The aeroscreens, raked back, add a further 7" which proves Ruairidh's point that the ride heights can differ for a multitude of reasons!

Je suis un gros bâtard!!!
(27-08-2017, 11:54 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(27-08-2017, 11:19 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: And the height of the top of the scuttle on mine is 37" from the ground. The aeroscreens, raked back, add a further 7" which proves Ruairidh's point that the ride heights can differ for a multitude of reasons!

Je suis un gros bâtard!!!
I don't see the resemblance between you and a French loaf Ruairidh!
Dough!
Mine is 36.5 inches to the top of the scuttle plus 9 inches for the full screen. I must be a smaller loaf than Ruairidh.

Peter.
(27-08-2017, 05:47 PM)Peter Naulls Wrote: Mine is 36.5 inches to the top of the scuttle plus 9 inches for the full screen. I must be a smaller loaf than Ruairidh.

Peter.

Mine is 39" to the top of the scuttle plus 11" for the full screen.  I have difficulty getting my leg over!
I am not rising to that one Malcolm - knead I say more!
Thanks all for the replies. This gives me a good idea of the dimensions I'm working with. Interesting that the cars vary so much in height.

Still no rain in Seattle.

Erich