The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framework for Body Skin
(13-08-2018, 09:18 AM)Motor-Mouse Wrote: Thats a really nice sketch Jamie, If your art skills can be blended into and used with panel and woodwork skills, then you're in for a fantastic build. I can't see why that can't be achieved....? I guess its a case of checking the seating position, rake of the seat, and how it falls in line with the inner arches, mechanicals, etc. Will you be going for 19" wheels and slimmer tyres.... It could give you more width in the rear wheel arches, and a nicer selection of tyres maybe.... Not sure on that, Blockleys or something.... although the diameter may cause more issues on that B post/Rear door shut. I know its a lot more work, but could you extend the door more up into the roof like on a Bugatti Atlantic, potentially making it easier to get in and out of....? Obviously clever positioning of some hinges and suicide doors may assist too, but boy, thats a real brain teaser.... I also like the design of the door windows on the Atlantic, rather than a sliding 2 piece window, like on mark 1 minis, it has a front quarter light affair, which gives good ventilation from the old car fumes in the more vintage cars... I trained as a coach builder, and am watching with interest.... Keep up with the posts, any bits or details you are finding hard to get your head round maybe, drop me a pm, I may be able to rack my brains and come up with a solution... Regards M-M.

Motor Mouse,

Thank you for your offer: I shall send you a PM.

I cannot take much credit for having art skills. The drawing started as a diagram of a Ruby which I found online. My main contribution has been to use scissors and glue to move elements of the front, the driver and the steering about.  I can take credit, though, for drawing the doors, roof-line, rear end, mudguards and the swage lines .

Regards,

James.