The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GP Retro, Le Puy Notre Dame, 2018
Both myself and the Ulster Rep were much better prepared for this year's event in our sleepy French village, surrounded by dozens of vineyards. The weather was hot and sunny, the hydraulic brakes ran in and working well, the course driven many times, white overalls washed and with a lazy ironed finish, stylish French goggles in hand, we were ready enough for a little fun.

Telling the bride not to worry

There were 13 A7s in the programme among the other 'cyclecars' and to worry anyone with a superstitious nature, my race number was also 13!

.jpg   Resiz 700px, LMw1k9Cg.jpg (Size: 152.65 KB / Downloads: 401)

'Le petit bleu' went rather well for his first event off this kind and a friend took a few photos:

.jpg   Resize 800px, xIa98Diw.jpg (Size: 140.74 KB / Downloads: 396)

.jpg   Resize,800px, hazy! SxfV-hug.jpg (Size: 154.01 KB / Downloads: 396)
Note the slight blue haze behind me, hmm!

.jpg   Resize 700 px, wzO672Mg.jpg (Size: 162.81 KB / Downloads: 398)

We did suffer a failed throttle pedal, made to replace the modified original, which went AWOL a few months ago. This caused the throttle to stick wide open, so we retired to the paddock for repairs, but the blue haze appearing behind me was a cause for concern, so the engine is now out again and the head will come off soon and all will be well again, hopefully without drama. So, No.13, unlucky for some? Hmm, maybe!

Looking forward to some more running-in along our quiet winding roads.

Hope to see more A7s next July for the 2019 event.

Best,

Bill
Bill,

Delighted to tell you that Sue (driving the red Ulster) suffered no adverse effects from inhaling your blue smoke, and is looking forward to overtaking you next time! BTW - is that impressive Snap-on tool kit available for guests at yours?
Hi Barry and Sue of course,

So glad to hear that my smoke caused no disscomfort and I look forward to seing Sue in my mirrors again next year!

Tools, even Snap-on, are indeed available to selected guests, under supervision of course and then only for work on Austin 7s, classic Citroens or TRs.

Best,

Bill
www.leclosdelarose.com
Hi Bill, good to see the car out and in action. I still haven't forgiven my son for planning his wedding that weekend!
Hi Duncan,

Good to hear from you and I sincerley trust you have any other children, close friends, relatives, etc, much better trained in avoiding unavoidable events for next year's GPR! Several people were asking about you and I'm looking forward to sharing a certain bottle of SLW (Scottish Laughing Water) with you.

I've just been looking through some more photos from last month and am happy to share these below (Thanks must go to my very good friend Martin N for sending them to me).

.jpg   Resize 700px, 4g4_84KQ.jpg (Size: 168.67 KB / Downloads: 150)

.jpg   Resize 800px, cRiL37rg.jpg (Size: 109.65 KB / Downloads: 149)

.jpg   Resize 800px, d5vvMLyg.jpg (Size: 161.27 KB / Downloads: 149)

.jpg   Resize 800px, KvY76wPQ.jpg (Size: 279.58 KB / Downloads: 148)

.jpg   Resize 800px, QT_Ceb9A.jpg (Size: 221.97 KB / Downloads: 149)

.jpg   Resize, 800px, 5RFHTZqw.jpg (Size: 176.43 KB / Downloads: 149)

.jpg   Resize, 800px, pQ77Mo0w.jpg (Size: 221.97 KB / Downloads: 148)
Peter Fausten's '35 Ulster Rep

I'm taking the engine back to my friend's workshop next month for remedial work and hope to be back on the road in October.

Best wishes to all,

Bill
Bill,

Do you have a contact for Peter Fausten? He wanted to find some R47 lamps
I have an email address for Peter. If you send me a PM...
Barry, unfortunately not, although Peter and Helen have ours, so hopefully we can talk in advance of the 2019 event. They came to visit chez nous with their Austin and we did discuss the headlamp issue, so hopefully you may be able to assist.

Duncan, thanks for helping Barry with Peter's details and I'd be grateful if you pass them on to me as well. Perhaps we can all get together over drinks and a BBQ here next year.

Onwards and upwards,

Bill