The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water ski?
so do we not get to see a screen shot of the offending forum text? or would it not be amusing and might we revolt?
Text as requested:
"Austin Seven 7 boat-tail special recreation, a lovely example, runs and drives, upgraded flat springs on front and rear on a solid chassis. Has a temporary fuel tank in the engine bay and auxiliary tank in rear which can be connected up. Almost complete, seats need bolting in and pedal box wants putting in but very small jobs left to finish and ready to be registered with your local club. A lovely looking austin 7 boat tail finished in black and red. 19 inch wheels with as new Longstone tyres. Advertised elsewhere so reserve the right to end at anytime and will require a 10% deposit of the winning bid within 24 hours of the auction ending. Viewings welcomed and recommended. For any questions or to arrange a viewing, please contact 07964300900. "

I don't think we need to man the barricades... but I'm not sure about the lawnmower tank

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Guilty as charged ociffer! Home from the pub wrapped around a couple of pints of Tribus Lupulus, iPad goes ping, another alert from eBay, Austin7s for sale, look up, recognise another spurious offering from a notorious poster etc. This may be the first one with an engine in it."

Not the first to have an engine as most had reliant power units. I also understand that one had a freshly painted A7 engine "thought to have been overhauled by the previous owner" but turned out to be stuffed with polystyrene to stop it rattling when the car was collected. 

This is the first I remember that actually runs, but having seen one of the previous water ski cars readvertised by the poor soul who bought it as "suitable only for display in a window dressing," one can't help but wonder.

I also heard that one of his victims sent him a Christmas card. It apparently didn't contain much cheer!

No problem registering it with your local club. Possibly a bit harder to register with the DVLA?

His mobile number is listed in the advert. Maybe someone should ring him and ask a little about it?
Health warning.
Don't be a victim !!!!! Sad
The cylinder head looks interesting anyway.
Duncan - I'm at cross purposes - I wondered what Steve's reference to the VSCC forum was. It might have just been an in joke...
I gave up with VSCC a few years ago as I found some of them a bit "up themselves" and only too happy to look down their noses at what they regard as "grey porridge", or run of the mill cars i.e. Austin 7s, Morris 8s and other common or garden varieties of pre-war cars which are post 1931.
A few VMCC members feel the same about common or garden motorcycles but real enthusiasts are far less snobbish...

Steve might have mistaken me for one these snobs if he didn't know the history of the water ski rip-off merchant.
However, I'm not proud, I'll look down my nose at anyone!
Hmmm. There’s a good few of the regulars on here who are VSCC members.
Alan Fairless
There will always be Snobs in any organisation, no club is immune to that, just ignore them and pity their low self esteem, although I will say the Austin seven community, whilst not immune, generally seems to fair better than some on this front.
Black Art Enthusiast
Duncan, certainly did not mistake you for any of the judgemental classes as what drives their expensive and polished cars to spectate as Prescott and similar, but don't follow our humble example and drive them through the night on nav rallies, lean them sideways on auto tests and for the younger and fitter owner,  bounce the living daylights out of them on trials. Avanti Austins!