The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water ski?
Another Leeds waterski special?
eBay item number:

(29-07-2018, 12:30 AM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Another Leeds waterski special?
eBay item number:

Have any of the 56 people who have looked at this been able to see the ad, or have like me, you been told that it is unavailable? Perhaps no-one has seen, but has better things to do than sit with the iPad at the kitchen table. And what do Ruby owners, who as lower orders of VSCC membership, along withh Hillmans and post-1930 Standards have for breakfast? Well, according to certain current contributors to the VSCC forum, it is "grey porridge". Naturally as a bearded sandal wearing Rubyiste in my case it is grey museli.
Steve, when I entered the item number into the ebay search box I could see the listing. I think Duncan's analysis is correct.
Regards,
Stuart.
PS a croissant, but then I have only owned a non functioning Ruby thirty seven years ago and not for long so perhaps I hardly count.
Stuart

That is indeed the way to find the ad, thuogh having looked at it I now rather wish I hadn't. The single under bonnet image tells us quite enough. Croissants for breakfast, does that mean you now own an Amilcar or a Salmson?
Not quite so sportif, alas. I've owned 2cvs for decades. The last one is currently for sale (advt) but I see no reason to abandon the croissant as yet.
Regards,
Stuart
Damn, found out! Some mornings it's grey museli, other mornings it's an almond croissant from Abergavenny's Angel Bakery before climbing into the 2CV, and aided by Pete Sparrow gas flowed heads, roaring off into the rolling hills of South Wales.  Variable number of cylinders, six when carrying a Seven engine, and once ten, taking a couple of Bugatti blocks for a pal. Will the moderators ban all this talk of Andre's motors rather than Sir Herbert's babies? Probably not, we are rather more open minded and civilised than some places.
(29-07-2018, 10:58 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Damn, found out! Some mornings it's grey museli, other mornings it's an almond croissant from Abergavenny's Angel Bakery before climbing into the 2CV, and aided by Pete Sparrow gas flowed heads, roaring off into the rolling hills of South Wales.  Variable number of cylinders, six when carrying a Seven engine, and once ten, taking a couple of Bugatti blocks for a pal. Will the moderators ban all this talk of Andre's motors rather than Sir Herbert's babies? Probably not, we are rather more open minded and civilised than some places.

Guilty as charged ociffer! Home from the pub wrapped around a couple of pints of Tribus Lupulus, iPad goes ping, another alert from eBay, Austin7s for sale, look up, recognise another spurious offering from a notorious poster etc. This may be the first one with an engine in it.

Not only 2CVs but Velo-Solex and croissants for breakfast on Sundays, muesli with home-made yoghurt on weekdays.
I also had a VW bus with front mounted spare with Nuclear Power? No Thanks ! sticker

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not as awful-looking as past offerings, but still not a driveable car. As usual with the Water Ski specials, he's given up when it comes to the tricky bits: "Almost complete, seats need bolting in and pedal box wants putting in but very small jobs left to finish and ready to be registered with your local club."
No V5 mentioned...
(29-07-2018, 12:18 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: No V5 mentioned...

.....nor does it have any plates - but it can be "registered with your local club"! Huh Huh Huh