The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C35M dynamo assembly
Thanks Dave. There may well be variations or missing bits that we need to be aware of as well.
Bob I will source a sealed bearing as I did in the C35A in my other car.
Thanks
Bruce
How does this do, I didn't feel up to tripping a good dynamo just to photograph it?
The stepped and swaged washers are stepped towards the bearing inner race and clear of the balls and outer race.
The outer race should be clamped between the end cover and drive end shield, whilst the inner race is clamped by the drive gear, spacer, swaged washer and stepped washer such that the only end float is provided by the bearing. Now most dynamos I've dismantled have an alarming amount of end float and the bearing has not been trapped with wear of the end cover or a worn short spacer. So I adjust the end cover so that the bearing outer race is clamped and/or I make a new spacer to ensure the bearing inner race is trapped.

Attached Files
.jpg   Dynamo drive end bearing.jpg (Size: 37.65 KB / Downloads: 175)
Dave thanks for your expert drawing and explanation of which way the 2 spacer/washers are orientated. I think what you have described is what I reckoned and  i hope my photograph shows this. I would hate to leave a picture of something obviously wrong for people to incorrectly follow in the future. Your advice about end float correction is something I will take into account on reassembly.
Bruce from Melbourne