The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rp seats
Just to mention Reckers when clicking on your thumbnails it comes up 'Postimage error: Internal Server Error'

Jeff.
(02-11-2017, 05:14 PM)Jeff Taylor Wrote: Just to mention Reckers when clicking on your thumbnails it comes up 'Postimage error: Internal Server Error'

Jeff.

Seems like the site is down. Just tried to open it up and I get the same error message.
Looking at Martin's pic - does anybody know the correct original interior body colour for RP saloons?
Internal panels were painted a non-gloss black as in Martin's pics - a satin finish is probably closer than a full matt.

If you are referring to upholstery, then basically any colour you like! These are the standard stock paint colours for 1933, and upholstery was usually a shade variant of the paint colour:

.jpg   1933 colours.jpg (Size: 144.48 KB / Downloads: 188)

So Royal Blue and Turquoise would have dark blue leather, Maroon would have red leather, Westminster Green and, usually, Black would have dark green leather (although I have seen Black cars with beige leather), Dove Grey with either dark grey or mid blue leather, and Pueblo Brown with brown leather... but with the rider that the original owner could specify other colours from the Austin range at no extra cost, but with a delivery delay, or any special colour or upholstery at extra cost.
I think Postimage was having an off day. Here are the photos again, full size (don't you hate what flash photography shows up!):

[Image: 20171102_145524.jpg]

[Image: 20171102_145614.jpg]
Just to return to Trevor's original question:

As far as the woodwork that we supply goes, RP and ARQ front seats are identical. The only difference is in the sliding gear.

The back seats are quite different and are not interchangeable. The RP seat is about 4" longer side-to side around the curves than the ARQ's and annoyingly can't be cut out of a standard 48" width of ply. It also has shallower "ears".
(02-11-2017, 09:47 AM)!Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Martin and David Prior make the woodwork for these seats.

The photos below are from a friend's very original late RN, which I believe is the same as the RP.

Hi thank you very much for the pictures
trevor

(02-11-2017, 10:19 AM);Martin Prior Wrote: Thanks, Ruairidh.

Yes, we do make both the seat back (to a slightly improved and strengthened design) for £95 and the base for £35.

Thank you for the info  I was after the size of the squab as have a old one but I think it is for a ruby as it is shorter than I think it should be.
Trevor

Hi thank you for the pictures
Trevor
(02-11-2017, 08:07 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Internal panels were painted a non-gloss black as in Martin's pics - a satin finish is probably closer than a full matt.

If you are referring to upholstery, then basically any colour you like! These are the standard stock paint colours for 1933, and upholstery was usually a shade variant of the paint colour:

So Royal Blue and Turquoise would have dark blue leather, Maroon would have red leather, Westminster Green and, usually, Black would have dark green leather (although I have seen Black cars with beige leather), Dove Grey with either dark grey or mid blue leather, and Pueblo Brown with brown leather... but with the rider that the original owner could specify other colours from the Austin range at no extra cost, but with a delivery delay, or any special colour or upholstery at extra cost.

Thanks Mike