The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
woohoo another good day
After the disappointment of England's football result last night Sad

It didn't feel much better after several pints of the black stuff, at our local red lion.

Well we are ENGLISH, and used to disappointment.

BUT TODAYS ANOTHER DAY. And this pile of boxs just landed on the door step.

[attachment=3236]

and here is some good news for austin 7 builders and restorers.

If you read the forum regular, you will know we bought out the items that quarry engineering used to supply to the market.

This means we are now buying dirrect from the supplier, and the items are then cheaper.

We would like to pass on the savings to our customers, so.

Valves are going to be reduced in price from £7.00 to £5.00 each for Standard size valves Wink
                                                         from £8.00 to £5.50 each for 29mm oversize inlets  Wink
Valve guides will be reduced in price     from £2.50 to £2.00 each for parallel guides  Wink
                                                         From £4.00 to £3.25 each for stepped guides  Wink

I'll let you check the savings against other suppliers for yourself.

Enjoy the savings, and pass on the good news.

There will be more savings coming in on other items over the next year.

[attachment=3237]

[attachment=3238]

[attachment=3239]
Those are very good prices...

Is it the case with the parallel valve guides that they need to be reamed once pressed in place, or is this not necessary?
as well as the previous question, what is the difference between parallel and stepped guides please, for a standard engine?
You shouldn't have to ream a guide, but when home fitting is done. The ends can be squashed, and need cleaning out.

I don't want to clue up my competators to much, but in modern motor parts manufacture, guides are not sized with a standard reamer. So taking material out with a reamer will usually oversize the hole?

As a small company, we can supply items for much less than the big boys. As our overheads are much lower,

But as you can see we do still have to buy in large quantitys.

To keep these prices low is all up to you the customer. 

If sales are not high enough to run this way, then prices are raised it makes more money but in a slower way.

What you might call a quick half penny or or slow penny method.

Some may also notice we are offering a smaller number of items on the website now, as we are not vat registered. And don't want to push our overall sales to far.

jonE, here are a couple of pics.

First one is the stepped guide, fitted to earlier blocks pre 1930ish. I'm sure some one could give a more accurate date.

[attachment=3241]

Second pic, is the parallel guide. Fitted to latter blocks after 1930ish

[attachment=3244]
Hi Tony, That Welsh Beer has gone to you head. Don't Drink any more. S&P
I am just pleased that none of our other cherished suppliers have bitten, after all they are now all allowed a couple of free adverts on the forum they pay for, for balance...just saying.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Hi Stuart,

The Swansea brewery was a nice touch, quickly noticed and apreciated.

Andy,

Could you email me please, tony.7ca@aol.co.uk

Tony.
(12-07-2018, 12:55 PM))Tony Betts Wrote: After the disappointment of England's football result last night Sad

It didn't feel much better after several pints of the black stuff, at our local red lion.

Well we are ENGLISH, and used to disappointment.

BUT TODAYS ANOTHER DAY. And this pile of boxs just landed on the door step.

and here is some good news for austin 7 builders and restorers.

If you read the forum regular, you will know we bought out the items that quarry engineering used to supply to the market.

This means we are now buying dirrect from the supplier, and the items are then cheaper.

We would like to pass on the savings to our customers, so.

Valves are going to be reduced in price from £7.00 to £5.00 each for Standard size valves Wink
                                                         from £8.00 to £5.50 each for 29mm oversize inlets  Wink
Valve guides will be reduced in price     from £2.50 to £2.00 each for parallel guides  Wink
                                                         From £4.00 to £3.25 each for stepped guides  Wink

I'll let you check the savings against other suppliers for yourself.

Enjoy the savings, and pass on the good news.

There will be more savings coming in on other items over the next year.

Well at least I know you now have stock, Gene