The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
feels like I'm 23 again
dare to dream andy.
(09-07-2018, 09:54 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: One of our members was at the 66 game.
He couldn't afford a full price ticket so had to wait until half time when they sold off the remaining tickets at half price, so he and his friends got in.
Can't imagine that happening these days.
I shall be giving a talk on blacksmithing on Wednesday night and last Wedneday was giving  talk on social history through the eyes of an Austin seven where Mildred was very popular, just got home to see the penalties. I have cleared the calendar for Sunday, you never know.

Andy B

I was at Wembley 66. 19 years old. Never forget it.
(09-07-2018, 10:34 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 09:54 PM)Andy Bennett Wrote: One of our members was at the 66 game.
He couldn't afford a full price ticket so had to wait until half time when they sold off the remaining tickets at half price, so he and his friends got in.
I shall be giving a talk on blacksmithing on Wednesday night and last Wedneday was giving  talk on social history through the eyes of an Austin seven where Mildred was very popular, just got home to see the penalties. I have cleared the calendar for Sunday, you never know.

Andy B

Charles P.   Re your shot at Ian Williams - I'll bet he's been barracking for his Old Country, not NZ.  Like many of my ex-Brit friends living here in Oz, carefully forgetting they're permanent residents or naturalised here!    Cheers,  Bill.
(10-07-2018, 12:58 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 10:34 PM)Biddlecombe Wrote:

Andy B

Charles P.   Re your shot at Ian Williams - I'll bet he's been barracking for his Old Country, not NZ.  Like many of my ex-Brit friends living here in Oz, carefully forgetting they're permanent residents or naturalised here!    Cheers,  Bill.

What on earth are you all talking about ?

Danny came fifth again - waiting for a new engine !!

Cheers, Tony.
Thanks Bill, but to be honest I could not care less if England win or not, football has never been something that interests me greatly, I much prefer Rugby or Motorsport's! There are very few Kiwis who play soccer seriously, and those that do are often ex pat Brits, the national game is Rugby, NZ is pretty good at it too, especially when you consider the size of the population here!
Black Art Enthusiast
The valley is filled with horns and church bells tonight, has something happened??

(10-07-2018, 09:31 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The valley is filled with horns and church bells tonight, has something happened??

Ongoing Brexit celebrations. That’s a nifty lightweight tent you have, Ruairidh.
Andrew Fallon
Netherlands
Big Grin
This is the perfect evening for a spin until twilight...
(07-07-2018, 11:22 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I have to say I found the roads delightfully devoid of traffic this afternoon. Sunny, light breeze, open road, goggles, who could ask for anything more?

Perhaps the later development of the A7 via Reliant..........a Scimitar GTC.  Rolleyes

Dennis