The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
austin ruby brake light switch
Could somebody advise as to how the switch is connected to the pedal. Currently a piece of plastic coated wire is twisted around the pedal & crudely pushed through the switch.
Thank you.
(23-08-2017, 08:48 PM)Paul t Wrote: Could somebody advise as to how the switch is connected to the pedal. Currently a piece of plastic coated wire is twisted around the pedal & crudely pushed through the switch.
Thank you.

A spring attached to the clip on the brake rod
Black Art Enthusiast
I should have taken a picture for you when I was out measuring the prop shaft! I wiil post one tomorrow, unless somebody else does it in the meantime.
Paul,

The clamp (or in my case a crude plate, with a hole in very slightly larger than the rod) can be slid along the brake rod to ensure the spring is under the correct tension to operate the switch.

Peter.
Paul,

This is a clamp and spring setup - I have others (in storage just now) that have an extended part to the clamp with a small hole for the spring to clip into.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Ruairidh,

Thank you so much for your assistance. Once I can determine the method of securing the spring to the brake rod I will be able to select the correct replacement.
This may be in a day or two as I have the Ruby garaged elsewhere. I will revert with my findings.
Once again many thanks.
Paul t