The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BILL SHEEHAN'S NEWS AND VIEWS
Bill has technical difficulties starting new posts from a library computer, so... 
'Suggest no one posts except to reply to things he wishes to initiate here! Big Grin
Good idea Jon. It made me think maybe duplicating the button as a link here may provide Bill with a method of initiating threads once more.
Let me know if it works for you Bill, and feel free to test it out.

Post new Thread
Brilliant, Jon.  Thanks to you & Timothy I can now annoy the hell out of everybody.  For Newbies I should explain I was one of the first (and a regular) contributors to the website that emanated from Oz & was picked up by the Management here when our Canadian-born enthusiast in Adelaide decided to give it away.  The good news now is that Bruce contacted me recently to tell me that he wishes to get back into Sevens again & wanted me to find him a suitable car.   Thanks again,  Bill in Oz
(29-06-2018, 01:07 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Brilliant, Jon.  Thanks to you & Timothy I can now annoy the hell out of everybody.  For Newbies I should explain I was one of the first (and a regular) contributors to the website that emanated from Oz & was picked up by the Management here when our Canadian-born enthusiast in Adelaide decided to give it away.  The good news now is that Bruce contacted me recently to tell me that he wishes to get back into Sevens again & wanted me to find him a suitable car.   Thanks again,  Bill in Oz

The website is still available thanks to Bruce-

http://www.theaustinsevenmotoringpages.info/

As he notes last updated in 2003 but still some interesting information especially to Australian Sevenists. There have been references to it in the Forum.

Cheers, Tony.
(29-06-2018, 05:04 AM)Tony Press Wrote:
(29-06-2018, 01:07 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote: Brilliant, Jon.  Thanks to you & Timothy I can now annoy the hell out of everybody.  For Newbies I should explain I was one of the first (and a regular) contributors to the website that emanated from Oz & was picked up by the Management here when our Canadian-born enthusiast in Adelaide decided to give it away.  The good news now is that Bruce contacted me recently to tell me that he wishes to get back into Sevens again & wanted me to find him a suitable car.   Thanks again,  Bill in Oz

The website is still available thanks to Bruce-

http://www.theaustinsevenmotoringpages.info/

As he notes last updated in 2003 but still some interesting information especially to Australian Sevenists. There have been references to it in the Forum.

Cheers, Tony.

Is anyone able to help me in locating/emailing David Wortley, Tony Griffiths or Roger North please? I have an embarrassing feeling that the latter enthusiast may have passed away, if wrong I sincerely apologise in advance, but would appreciate help with contacting any of them still about. Cheers, Bill in Oz .
Dave and Tony are both members of the Forum so will hopefully see your post Bill.

The title of this posts reads like some spin-off to ‘Not The 9. O’clock News’ has been created - cannot wait!
Last heard (maybe two or three  years ago) Roger North had moved to the London area to be near his son and family; I think his son is involved in Air Traffic Control, presumably at one of the major London airports.
(29-06-2018, 08:28 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Last heard (maybe two or three  years ago) Roger North had moved to the London area to be near his son and family; I think his son is involved in Air Traffic Control, presumably at one of the major London airports.

Thank you all.  Over the weekend I realised I'd stupidly left out my email address (Senior moment)  .Already Ruairidh has emailed me direct to give me the Wortly & Griffiths emails.  I've listed my email on other postings, but if "news & Views" is to be a permanent posting, it's ausevenoz@gmail.com   Again, Thanks for help so far.   Cheers,  Bill, in Oz

(03-07-2018, 01:04 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(29-06-2018, 08:28 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Last heard (maybe two or three  years ago) Roger North had moved to the London area to be near his son and family; I think his son is involved in Air Traffic Control, presumably at one of the major London airports.

Thank you all.  Over the weekend I realised I'd stupidly left out my email address (Senior moment)  .Already Ruairidh has emailed me direct to give me the Wortly & Griffiths emails.  I've listed my email on other postings, but if "news & Views" is to be a permanent posting, it's ausevenoz@gmail.com   Again, Thanks for help so far.   Cheers,  Bill, in Oz

Sorry to be a further nuisance, but the email   handworthy@tiscali.co.uk   bounced back.  Does anyone have a more recent address for Dave Wortley please.  I had no trouble getting through to Tony G.   Grateful for help.   Cheers,  Bill

Sorry to be a further nuisance, but the email   handworthy@tiscali.co.uk   bounced back.  Does anyone have a more recent address for Dave Wortley please.  I had no trouble getting through to Tony G.   Grateful for help.   Cheers,  Bill
Strange, but earlier the POST THREAD Box did not appear, now it does.  I'm Lucky &Grateful Jon found a way around this problem for me.  Cheers,  Bill
Hello Bill, My email is handwortley@tiscali.co.uk
Cheers,
Dave.
I glanced thru the technical info which the reference produced, although I recall seeing it before somewhere. 
One detail; Lester Reeder (now deceased) had his workshop with the Rubber Duck a few doors from where I stayed. He was probably  less than 10 years older so his special heads would have been produced in the 1950s, perhaps early 60s. Were intended for conventional engines. It is no coincidence but one of his special building colleagues was a pattern maker. They had all run modified road Sevens but in the early 60s had progressed beyond.