The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction results
Ahh, the nostalgia! My first lathe was a Drummond, inherited from my uncle, a retired marine engineer.
With a new headstock bearing and spindle it served me very well for 5 years despite its diminutive size.
Thanks Mopetta

I see the engine is no longer available. It would have looked better in the china cabinet that the Seven and early Jowett cranks
hi all.

if £12k to £13k is to much for a ruby with an ulster type body on it.

how much is a properly sorted replica worth.

woeld be interesting to know peoples thoughts.

tony
A properly sorted replica with all the right components can fetch a very high price these days, but it does somewhat set a standard for the less well presented replicas especially to the less knowledgeable who think they are getting a bargain. Buyer beware, but on the other hand in some cases they can be picked up for less than the build cost, like with all things its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it. but it seems to me that more often than not people are prepared to pay over the top these days happy in the security that it can only go up in value.
This is more like it...

http://richardedmondsauctions.com/catalo.../?lot=2130
(28-06-2018, 07:25 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: This is more like it...

http://richardedmondsauctions.com/catalo.../?lot=2130

wow,

a lovely car, hope you have space for it nick.

tony
The A7CA records give the chassis number as 15227. If both chassis and engine numbers are correct, it would seem the engine is a replacement.
Lovely example though.
It looks a lovely car to maintain as 'oily rag'. It appears to have door catches and interior handles from an RP and the back seat needs sorting if we are nit picking.
After 93 years, I don't think and engine change would bother me. But to the Unexpecting it's worth pointing out.

Hi Robert, I noticed the same bits, I guess rather than being picky. Leaving some things as they are show how it's been used through its life.

The worry for me would be the buff log book, would it be able to retain its original number. I had a simular thing on an MGM TYPE. buff log book, reams of history. But unless I had a tax disc or old mot. I could only get an age related for it.

although I don't put high values on original numbers, and the original number is known to track the cars history. It's more annoying to me to see a 1925 car, with a 1950s reg.

Tony.