The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longleat 1970 show - any Nippy photos?
...and another one!

This is Peter Relph's GR 1943 at the VSCC Silverstone meeting in 1969; the dummy knock-on hub-caps suggests the second car in the 1969 Longleat photo is also Peter's car.

astonishing - never been put on the Survivors' Register!
Jon,
Check with Peter - I seem to recall it was sold overseas (Switzerland, Sweden?) so it may be on the Register but under its foreign registration number.
(20-06-2018, 10:54 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Jon,
Check with Peter - I seem to recall it was sold overseas (Switzerland, Sweden?) so it may be on the Register but under its foreign registration number.

Switzerland I think. Peter still has a Nippy though. Saw it on Saturday at the VSCC Light Car. 

Steve
Thanks all. I won't hound people directly...!

I must admit there seems to be a general VSCC thing about not appearing on the Survivors? Not sure I get the reason other than keeping your head down and not wanting to be too public, which is fair enough. But cars are in public all the time - even just an adition of the visible number plate and colour/model would help.
I think I can identify the third car along, The green one.
Note the lack of correct tonneau cover and hood frame.
If I am correct at the time it belonged to Richard Simkin a keen 750 mc member.
He had the Type 65 from the 1960's til my father bought it from him in 1982.
It now resides in my garage and is repainted in the original cherry red which was found around some body rivets.

I will have to look through all the brass rally plaques to find out if a 1970 Longleat one is among them.

Ok news update,

I have rally plaques for BA7C Longleat, 1968,1969,1970,1971,1973,1975 Richard Simkins owned the car then.
I have BA7C Longleat plaques for 2006,2007 in my ownership.
My Father never drove the Type 65 on the road as it was an MOT failure when he bought it in a sorry state in 1982.
He had two box saloons the type 65 and a Nippy in 1982. I had a part built Ashley Special.
I was given the car Type 65 in 1990 and have enjoyed it since.