The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smiths Speedometer Body
Does anyone know of a supplier of new bodies for the mazak bodied speedos, an internet search produced no results.
I have a complete silver faced speedo with a trip mechanism, but no body for it.
What year are we talking about and do you have a photo of what it would look like (perhaps from the net) ?
I know I have seen one of our suppliers advertising them, probably Willie McKenzie, but not 100% sure now, a quick call should confirm.
Black Art Enthusiast
(18-06-2018, 04:57 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Does anyone know of a supplier of new bodies for the mazak bodied speedos, an internet search produced no results.
I have a complete silver faced speedo with a trip mechanism, but no body for it.

If I am thinking of the right thing, i.e. the mazak carcass for Smiths PA type speedo mechanism, I seem to remember that some years ago Peter Woodend in New Zealand did them. No idea if he is still around or if they are available now.
(18-06-2018, 08:18 PM)bystander Wrote:
(18-06-2018, 04:57 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Does anyone know of a supplier of new bodies for the mazak bodied speedos, an internet search produced no results.

If I am thinking of the right thing, i.e. the mazak carcass for Smiths PA type speedo mechanism, I seem to remember that some years ago Peter Woodend in New Zealand did them. No idea if he is still around or if they are available now.

Peter Woodend is still around, I have just spoken to him and although he he's not got any on the shelf it may be possible to produce another batch. He is going to talk with his foundry and come back to me so I will keep you posted, in the mean time if anyone else is interested it would be helpful to have an idea of numbers.
Black Art Enthusiast