The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
three legged puller
What size of the above would I need to encompass every three legged pulling job I might ever need on an austin 7, please?
(first, possibly need to remove carden type torque tube end to try putting a later prop adaptor on....)
thanks
There aren't many thing you can pull off without breaking them. Most cam shaft pulleys have a bit snapped off them because of 3 legged pullers. Flywheel, special puller, hubs need a hub puller. For your Cardan body, I would use a puller with about 9" legs or longer but you may be surprised how well it is stuck on !
Thankyou. Ugh. I think I'm just going to have some t-shirts printed with
"I think I'll just leave it original"....
Jon I agree with Bob, some of these things are stuck tiger tight

We have 9 or 10 different pullers and at least the same number of tie rod and ball joint pullers, plus couple of bearing puller plates. We mix and match to get what is best suited for the task. A large hydraulic press helps with really stubborn stuff, providing you can get it into the press.

A small propane torch makes it easy to judiciously apply localized heat which usually pops things loose - don't force anything.... Tighten the puller then whack the end of the threaded shaft, tighten a bit more, another whack..... Propane torch, another whack..... Tighten another bit.......Might take some time and an occasionally just leaving everything overnight is better than a broken bit. Patience and the right tools are the key here.

Aye
Greig
ok thanks. It is indeed another reason for not touching the thing and staying with original spec I think until the pinion actually needs disturbing/replacing.
(17-06-2018, 08:32 PM)JonE Wrote: Thankyou. Ugh. I think I'm just going to have some t-shirts printed with
"I think I'll just leave it original"....

Not just for Seven owners? Smile