The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Log on problems
Good morning, All

"Slack Alice" Simon here.

Identity change due to problems logging on.

My computer says "connection insecure" and doesn't like me logging on.

The site doesn't like my details and the "password reset" didn't work, told me I had tried too many times.

Hence the change in identity.

Anyone else having problems?

I expect it is me.

Cheers

Simon
Simon I for one will be sad to see the demise of your pseudonym. A welcome and familiar forum friend for several years. 
A clue to the security issue may be found by googling 'Slack Alice' where she is quoted as being ' a slovenly woman ', and other more vulgar descriptions.  Notice I said vulgar.  cheers Russell
Thank you for those kind works Russell/Squeak.

I am hoping all is not lost - but I hadn't thought of the connotations of the name.

It is very appropriate to me and my car,  being a bit of a bodger bits of the car are liable to drop off.

Years ago, Mike used to be known as "Loosenuts" Costigan, I don't suppose that wouldl get past the censor either.

Cheers

Simon
(17-06-2018, 11:44 AM)SJH123 Wrote: Thank you for those kind works Russell/Squeak.

I am hoping all is not lost - but I hadn't thought of the connotations of the name.

It is very appropriate to me and my car,  being a bit of a bodger bits of the car are liable to drop off.

Years ago, Mike used to be known as "Loosenuts" Costigan, I don't suppose that wouldl get past the censor either.

Cheers

Simon
I fully support Squeak's comments & hope you work things out.  My problem was/is similar.  For months when trying to log on I was rejected - once, the reason given was that they already had a Bill Sheehan!  Ruairidh tried to help me by setting up a new effort & password, but again no go.  Before last Christmas I sent an email to the Webmaster and got the usual reply that they'd look into it for me.  Almost 6 months later I'm still waiting.  About a month ago I found I was able to Reply to other postings, but could not find where to click on to start a new submission.  Then one day there appeared a panel on the page onto which one clicked to put up something new - and it worked.  Since then that panel is conspicuous by it's absence again.  I have had three computer-experienced people verify all this.  Last week I tried emailing the Webmaster again, received the usual acknowledgement but I fear the same unfruitful ignoring of my problem.  Rant over - all this to apologise in advance if I hijack other postings because I can't initiate my own.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Nice to see you are back on again Bill - I admire your determination!
As you can see,Bill,  everything works again because I re-registered with a different name and password.

I think it went wrong in the first place because I tried to log on, using my phone, when I was away from home for a bit, and I think I got the password wrong.

It all fell apart after that.

Cheers

"Slack Alice" Simon
(21-06-2018, 10:08 PM)SJH123 Wrote: As you can see,Bill,  everything works again because I re-registered with a different name and password.

I think it went wrong in the first place because I tried to log on, using my phone, when I was away from home for a bit, and I think I got the password wrong.

It all fell apart after that.

Cheers

"Slack Alice" Simon
Thanks Simon, but although I can now  reply to other posts without trouble (couldn't do even do that until recently), the page listing all the contributions does NOT show the panel (box) at the top to click on when one wishes to start a new subject/post.  Apart from the pin name Ruairidh dreamed up for me,I tried a few others before persistence gained even the ability to hijack other posts.  Perhaps I should know when I'm not wanted?  Cheers, Bill
Hooray!!!!

I'm back, as me.

Thank you, Mr. Forum
Hooray!

How was the cycle trip?
Bill,

So you're not seeing the text reversed out of a black box '+ Post Thread' shown top right on the 'Forum chat...' page ?