The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch problems
I recently fitted new Borg and Beck linings and find the clutch impossible to disengage cleanly, even with pedal travel in abundance.
To save a lot of sweat and blasphemy can I get away with fitting 1/2 washer spacers between flywheel and cover plate? I’m actually halfway to removing gearbox, from the inside, but as the spline is still engaged it would be simple to push the box back on — if the afore mentioned wheeze is practical.
Some advice please and thanks.

Charles
Are you certain that you have a B&B flywheel to match the centre plate Charles?  If it is a NB it will never work properly in my experience.

See here:http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=1009907&cmd=show
So, I will proceed with gearbox removal as I can’t remember what the flywheel looks like from memory.
No rest for the wicked!
Many thanks for the advice and link. 

Charles
Ok, got g.box and clutch cover plate off. I have a b&b flywheel, identified by the 1/16” raised land and I have a b&b driven plate, identified from photograph. Only thing left is whether the linings are correct. Would fitting NB linings on a B&B driven plate produce this symptom?

Charles
No, the holes are different.

Measure the height of the spline and compare it with the depth of the input to the gearbox. There are several lengths of splines and fitting too long a one with prevent it disengaging.

Also check that the centre plate is not bottoming on/touching the flywheel nut lockwasher,
(13-06-2018, 03:14 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: No, the holes are different.

Measure the height of the spline and compare it with the depth of the input to the gearbox.  There are several lengths of splines and fitting too long a one with prevent it disengaging.

Also check that the centre plate is not bottoming on/touching the flywheel nut lockwasher,

Thanks Ruairidh,

The center plate shows no sign of touching the lock washer and the spline seems right as it slides fully home. I haven’t changed anything apart from fitting new linings. Although not perfect it was better before when the linings were well used.
I’m now wondering if I should look at the toggle levers and how to measure?

Charles