The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Club Rally @ Atwell Wilson Motor Museum, Wilthire 23-06-2018 24-06-2018
Starts: 23-06-2018
Ends: 24-06-2018

Bristol Club Rally @ Atwell Wilson Motor Museum, Wilthire

36 Stockley Ln, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 0LJ

Details copied below, I believe open to members of other clubs, but do contact them to verify...

Quote:The Annual Rally will be held at the Atwell Wilson Motor Museum, Calne, Wiltshire SN11 0NF.
Camping will be available on site from Friday afternoon until Monday morning at a flat fee of £15.
Water and loos are available, and arrangements have been made for us to use the showers at the Calne Leisure Centre, a four-minute drive up the road, for £2.50 per person. BBQs and stoves are permitted in the camping area, and dogs are welcome on a lead.
Blackland Lakes Camping, next door, is open if you prefer a more organised campsite, or there is a hotel in Calne and B&Bs locally.
On Saturday afternoon Norman Whitworth will be leading a run through Wiltshire, which will include a visit to the REME Museum at Lynham. On Saturday evening we will enjoy a “bring your own” picnic/bbq supper - and there’s a pub within walking distance if you’re thirsty. There are pubs that serve food within a short driving distance.
Sunday is the static rally - cars can arrive from 9.00 am, with judging starting at 11.00.
Entry fee for the rally is £15 per car, which includes two tickets to the Motor Museum which now, of course, houses the Jack French Garage, which will be of particular interest to all A7 Special owners.
The Rally Entry Form is included in our April newsletter.
Please contact us for more information and the entry form – here
What a great weekend we had courtesy of the Bristol Austin 7 Club.
The Atwell Wilson Motor Museum was a great location, and we were blessed with a bright sunshine all weekend.
Dad and I drove up Saturday morning in time to put our tent up before the organised run through the lanes to visit the REME museum.
There were a great turn out of cars on Saturday, followed by even more on the Sunday for the rally itself. I was very pleased to be parked next to John Turley with his beautiful Mulliner Sports, and Dad had the honour of having rally number 1.
There were also a number of stalls where we picked up a couple of bits. Astonishingly Dave Phillips had a 27-28 dashboard on his stall complete with surrounding woodwork from a Mulliner! It still has some fabric attached (2 layers in place one of which could be the original), and knowing that most people would be buying it for the dashboard and probably bin the wood, I had to save it. To top it all off I as awarded the trophy for the Coachbuilt class, which was a lovely surprise. After the rally came to an end we loaded the cars back up and had a lovely drive home again, rounding out brilliant weekend.
Looking forward to next year already.

Here are some photo's from the weekend Mainly with multiple cars, but you can click any to see my full album including 'closeups' of most of the cars as well as some of the vehicles in the Atwell Wilson and REME Museums.
A bit miffed that I have missed a few cars in my photos, notably the Luty-Wells' beautiful Nippy, a lovely Seven van that arrived later in the day, and Alan Mills delightful Austin K8 12 Seat Coach, apologies to those and any other owners whose cars I missed.

[Image: 41267291950_cc074ca8ef_b.jpg]

[Image: 43078482241_99ab61e779_b.jpg]

[Image: 29206326928_685e231db5_b.jpg]

[Image: 42359558104_cfbd579d4d_b.jpg]

[Image: 43080793651_a18b9dd7cd_b.jpg]

[b][Image: 41269401840_84dd2018f2_b.jpg]

[Image: 41269417770_411423767d_b.jpg]

[Image: 28211676437_534bfd68c1_b.jpg]

And the Mulliner dash...