The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration history
I'm fortunate that my 1934 tourer was registered by Radnorshire CC and their records still exist.  On my copy there is a column headed 'If cancelled, date of cancellation' and it seems to record subsequent taxing areas.  Thus the last entry shows Kent in 1957.  Was this typical of car taxing authorities?  Did they really send information back to the original issuer?

.jpg   Image (310).jpg (Size: 30.82 KB / Downloads: 242)
I bought our 32'RN without a log book back in 1975. I applied to Bedfordshire CC (as it was in 1975) for a new log book and asked if there were any old log books. They in turn requested the old log books from Grimsby, the Originating Council who were glad to get rid of them. Sadly they could only provide log books from 1942 - 1948, but did provide the details of the original purchaser. The car was used extensively during WW2 and the log books were stamped every 3 months. To record these tax disc purchases, the life of the log book was extended by stamping over the top of existing stamps which makes for some interesting detective work trying to sort out the dates.
The surviving records for a 1930 Cheshire registered car I once owned were similar - in addition to first the first registration listing there was a separate record showing that the car left Cheshire during the war and went to Norfolk - then came back to Lancashire after the war.  This tied in with information on a continuation buff logbook.  However, when I more recently retrieved the records for a 1928 car from Kent, there was only the first registration information available.

Regards,
Colin