The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Do you give your car(s) per names?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
55.56%
30 55.56%
No
44.44%
24 44.44%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming cars -poll
The R I call the box, because that is what it is - a square box, and the chummy - the chummy but known as Humphrey after trying to fit upside down split collets soon after purchasing, it gave me the raving hump.
No signwriting though even if the saloon looks rather like a Rupert to me.
Do your own individual thing, just like the cars.
Peter.
Giving a car a name? And actually writing it on the vehicle? Ludicrous. What next; a figurine on the windscreen? Dear lord, give me strength.

Oh, er, hang on a mo... [Image: biggrin.png]

.jpg   IMG_20180722_124130.jpg (Size: 211.54 KB / Downloads: 165)
When I was a kid and my dad had the RN before he passed it on to me, all the other kids on our street called it "Willy Jamjar" (registration WJ) except one kid who called it "The Coffee Pot" (???) Which proves that most of them could read I suppose. Anyway it's now been shortened to Willy. Rather unfortunate when people are enquiring about it. Eg How's your Willy?"
A further distinction — between those who write a name on their car as opposed to just giving it a name. What thoughts?
Charles

Whoever would do such a silliness?! Myrtle the C-Cab was already sign written in paint on purchase, Happy (the Chummy) & Betty (A35) were adulterated by self with vinyl tape

Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested